Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mid- March Realization

I heard some devastating news today.

Sandra Bullock- one of the few actresses I genuinely love even though I don't know her... of the beautiful smile and the charming personality and generally amazing spirit.
Sandra Bullock of Miss Congeniality and Everybody loves steve and THE BLIND SIDE.. and well that movie with HUGH GRANT.. I think it was called TWO WEEKS.

Her husband cheated!!

What I got from the entire sordid affair... too many details of which aren't exactly clear... is...
the people who aren't good enough for you... JUST AREN'T.

You can choose to love them either way... make do... forget even... but the fact remains.

The sad part is most of them know it too... and resent it... and sometimes... eventually you.

They resent the conversations they can't hold with your peers...
They resent themselves for falling short...
Then they resent themselves for even caring about it.
BUT THE FACT REMAINS!!!

Some of them try to overcompensate... or undermine ... or control...
or with other women...

Its sickening... its sad... and sometimes it makes me mad.
AND THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT


11 comments:

Mamuje said...

Oh No...he didnt... how callous?

Mamuje said...

Oh No...he didnt. How callous?.

Tisha said...

sad
i am a bit numb (personal)
so i just say its sad.

Favoured Girl said...

You summed it up nicely, ONB.

I've missed you dearie, how are you doing?

Good Naija Girl said...

I don't know Bullock or the scores of celebrities who have been cheated on personally but all I know is what incidents like this show me is no one is immune from being cheated on. All you can do is make sure your potential spouse knows that you take a strong stand on cheating, be the best person you can be and finally pray that you see the warning signs before you yoke yourself to a cheater.

Infidelity quite honestly makes me sick.

Nutty J. said...

what you say is so true...

Those who are not good enough for you, just aren't

kwinzy said...

I miss reading your blog...

kwinzy said...

I miss your blog lady

dScR?Be said...

I'm just so impressed dt u still blog! Love ya!

Udoamaka said...

i must say: i'm at work...12 hours shift...most of which i have spent sneaking reads at your truth. some things about us parallel so much...for these stolen glimpses, i will cry for the rest of the night because i won't feel like such an anomie. for once!

here is a piece of my own verity...i think it's the best way that i can respond:

"today when i turned in my health psychology take home exam, my professor told me that he hopes whatever is going on will work itself out and that if i ever need to talk to someone, he's there to listen. i simply told him that i appreciate that very much. but i should have told him. what if i had? that what needs to work itself out is not some thing, but some me. that pain no longer resonates from my chest, no longer resides in that space, but has become my heart.

"someone said that hopelessness is a symptom of depression. but i've never had hope. i just know it and you don't have to have hope to know it. just like someone across the way who knows nothin but the bitter penetrations of life that will stroke its way to the last dregs of innocence. all i know to do is to get up every day and fight again...like always. there was never any hope.

"all i knew was that if you work hard things will change. these are things i am to come by in order to be what god wants me to be. i don't know hope then, but i know it later, yet still don't have it now. i just work hard.

"i know hope, but don't have it, still. what happens when my body can't fight anymore? with a fatigue more than physical and pain is my heart. when my will becomes the question. when the only rainbows are the sunrays' refraction through beads of tears on my lashes and it's still not enough."

jah bless to you!

Vickii said...

Hun, you still blog! Wow! I was so upset for Sandra Bullock too when I heard about Jesse James' affairs but she's better off without him. She just seems like a genuinely lovely person, I love her too!