Sunday, January 04, 2009

I am grateful for...

I never have any new year resolutions... I just reflect on what make me happy...

Friends and family...
I'm extremely blessed.

Him... his eyes look for me the minute I walk away...

My new Max Axria dress... I discover new things about it every time I wear it... (As I speak... I'm at home wearing the extremely glamorous dress, watching Oprah, eating kidney beans with spiced spinach... ahhhh... the healthy-fab life... )

My belly... is the sexiest it's ever been... I'd repierce it... but I might as well wait until summer... and maybe not even then... I'm not sure how I feel about showing my belly in anything but a bikini anymore... (I'll be 23 in 2 months... but ahn what the heck... I have 6 months to decide...)

Fruits and Passions Georgia Peach Eau de Fruits... It smells heavenly... pretty cheap too...

My new 120Gb Ipod... it can store more music than I probably even know... so far I'm only 4Gb deep... and currently OVER-playing Adele, Betty Wright, Cesaria Evora, Daft Punk, Erupt, Feist, Goldfrapp, Husker Du, Ingrid Michaelson, Jason Mraz, KT Tunstall, Lou Reed, Moloko, Nick Drake, Orion Experience, Priscilla Ahn, Ray Charles, Sia, Tracey Chapman, Unklejam, Van Halen, Whitney Houston, Yelle(...I don't listen to any musicians whose names start with X or Z... feel free to introduce me... lol)

Text Messaging...

New skills I'm picking up: wearing eyeliner(blogger extraordinaire Boob sistas says liquid liner is a better option... as we speak I've already bought 3 different kinds(of liquid liner)...and 3 pencil ones... lol... (so far my straight line is 7/10 so far. Next try will be a Brigitte Bardot...). How to experiment with food... today I made red pepper, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, tuna & red snapper sauce for ripe plantains... yesterday it was a corned beef sauce for kenkey... oh gosh I might have a chance with an African after all... hehe

Blogging... I know I havent written much on here lately... well thats partially cos I've been busy but mostly because I feel completely naked on here... some people peck and peck and peck... and well... Frankly, I got tired. So now I write about the shoes I got at the mall and the great passion I have for cranberry ice-cream and slouchy boots. I decided that I'll go back to me again... cos as much pleasure as there is in my life right now... there's also a bit of pain... and in the great words of the best singer of our generation Miss Britney Spears in Circus: "theres only two types of people in the world... the ones that entertain and the ones that observe"...
*I've chosen, not well necessarily to entertain, just not to observe*

In that vein... every once in a while... I'll think of *Pete* on paper... see if he translates as well in words as he does in actions... cos in actions he is the last flower you see in the fall... you know the one hanging onto the stem by a breath... the one it almost seems like a sacrilege to pluck... a few thorns if you chose to... but with that... an overwhelming feeling of having captured beauty. I think he was put on earth to teach me about the world... he will go his way one day and I will go mine... but in the meantime... I'm open.

God: I am not necessarily religious... just spiritual. I am a christian... just don't identify with any church in particular... so in the meantime... I go to anyone I feel like cos I believe God is everywhere... most especially in our hearts. I'm glad that I have someone I can talk to when my bank account is in the minus... and when my heart hurts and when I'm sick and when I'm scared. God is love.

Techno/house/garage music: I derive complete joy in dancing with no rhythm and throwing myself about akwardly and without inhibition... House music is my first love... I'm the weirdest of my friends as I combine this love with a love for music in languages that I do not understand...

Drinking garri with cold 3.25%homogenized milk, unsalted peanuts and ice cubes.

Education... I have a friend who is not confident in speech because, despite the natural intelligence... not enough books were read... and the words sometimes don't come out right...

My sister... she is the singular most beautiful person I know... physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually... a LOVELY person... someday I'll make her write something here...

This year will be better than the last... as great as that one was.

Happy new year all!

27 comments:

abby said...

lol@ ur ipod.. doubt u'll be able to fill it in the next 2 years..
i hate text messaging...arghhhhhh
happy new year babe

miz-cynic said...

u make gari soaking sound so exotic.al it does is give me heartburns

Danny Bagucci said...

garri soaking..... now that's a lost art form!

Just...Toluwa said...

piercings..hmmm...arent they painful. cos i wld too if i werent scared of needles.

happy nw yr to u too...

Original Mgbeke said...

Happy new year Missy! Nice one...

Afrobabe said...

She's backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

No more shoe posts yeahhhhhh....

Funny I drank some garri last week, after about a year of more...

Sting said...

Happy new year.

mizchif said...

had no idea apple had 120GB ipods, till my sis told me she got one. Still havent used up all 8GB of my lil nano, so i think i'll pass.

I'm hating on you bout the sexy tummy, mine has crunkly refused to conform.

Hope the pecking ppl don't do any harm. Keep doing you.
Have a swell 2009!

Zena said...

Well I'm happy you're going back to being you,

You are the person who got me to start blogging, and I missed that

Fuck the ppl dat peck, they're assholes,

Happy New-Year

Tisha said...

so love ur blog
please when people annoy me
i delete their comments
right now? i feel like deleting
my blog or going private for a month
but i won't
cos blogging is worth it!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

happy new year sister!!! this year wil be better than last!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Did you just call Britney Spears the greatest singer of our time??? LOL. I'm tryna recover. That berra be sarcasm! Or else, twelve lashes of koboko for you!!

Ms Sula said...

I could see so much of myself in what you wrote.

Garage music is fantastic and it actually helps me focus when I have to think very hard.

Garri with ice cubes, soy milk and peanuts has got to be the bestest treat of all times. Hands down.

I love how open-minded you come across, how light hearted you take life. Keep being the inspiration you are.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Happy New Year to you too
I can never get the time to text
I rather phone coz its quicker
i get 500 free texts on my contract and use up about 15 each month

NigerianDramaQueen said...

I don't have new year resolutions either...i found i achieve much more by just being thankful and setting goals.

You like techno/house too? I loovveee techo, techtonik, dance, house...Give me some David Guetta anyday!!! Most of my friends/family hate that stuff though so it's g8 2 know some1 out there appreciates it...

Oh im planning to get my belly button re-pierced for summer as well..i wanna do it befor though so it can heal. This would be the 3rd time i get it done. Hopefully i'll leave it alone this time!!

Gosh, you just reminded me that I forgot to eat garri while I was in 9ja...arghhh!! And I made a mental note to do that. Anyways, I ate enough food to last me a life time!!!

Meanwhile, I'm really glad your going to get back to being you. I mean you can write about cranberries or the shoes you bought at the mall and I would still be in awe of your genius and ability to make everything interesting...but I've missed you. The you that wrote 'Mummy Sunday's' and 'Life in a Song's'. The you that bared your soul. I understand though, cuz the more people discover my blog, the harder I find it to be personal as well...my blog has changed alot and I'm not sure I like that entirely. But shake the peckers off and do you mami! Love you babes. Happy New Year!!!

Ms. Catwalq said...

Okay...i was not mentioned after all the joy and laughter I have brought you? Filing this away till future reference....you will see!

SPEECHgirl Bucknor said...

LMAO!

great job!
im grateful for the simple pleasures of life, like kicking it with my sister as i drink coke and sh drinks berry blast!

Chi-Chi said...

happy nu yearr

Anonymous said...

Cream/gel eyeliners are what's in! Unfortunately, that's for like intermediates. Not to worry, you'll get there hehe

bumight said...

Where is my comment? cos im sure i left one here.

so, i did new year resolutions last year, and im afraid i didnt do half the things on the list. this year, i'm just going to do me.

was also going to get my belly pierced last year...and the year before that, bt i chickened out of it,(cos i felt i wasnt in shape) and now i feel im too old to be showing my belly. maybe i'll get the courage to do it this year. i prolly will end up spending all my time being topless in my house, what with all the mirrors in my room, i shall drink myself in!, lol

text messaging! some (more like most) times i dont feel like talking to people. texting makes it so much easier!

ok, i think i just passed the recommended comment length, so imma stop here. Happy new year babes! and dont be a stranger!

Elle Woods said...

Happy New Year Lady!

Chika said...

Happy New year gurl...miss u loads!

Tears said...

hun u back?? :P missed ya <3

Naija Sapphire said...

Happy New Year GIRL! Been gone for a minute . . . . Hope you cool.

Discombobulated Diva said...

hey stranger... long time... well glad to see all of the things you're grateful for... gotta go back to your previous blogs to catch up and read about the 'him' you mentioned...

hope things are going good with you so far... ~DD

•TheSecretDiary• said...

...fabulous...
...happy new YOU / year...

Ciao!

Duduyemi Hussein Obama
...but just call me Mr. Obama.

Miss Pearse said...

Hey...seems like we have similar taste in music...Feist, Adele...niceeee...
Have u heard of Freshly ground? If not, you should check them out...especially a song called "Nomvula"...Messy track.
If i think of any more artsits, I'll holla.
Peace.