Friday, July 04, 2008

His is the name of kings...

…but for the purposes of this blog I’ll call him “Obiora”- it means ‘heart of the people’

…He’s 6ft 5 and quiet and straight and not-homophobic and nice…
Oh and get this… NIGERIAN!!!

He picked me up on Tuesday to see a movie and to watch the fireworks display…
I was super-pissed cos I’d slammed the door on my hand and broken 3 nails trying to bring in my laundry ( I love the look and smell of clothes drying outside in the summer…)

…that and he was late…

I gave him some grief… 'I make people wait not the other way around' I said
… he apologized…then laughed.

We get along very well… cos I make fun of him a lot and he GETS it… (and secretly loves it… but won’t admit it cos he probably thinks I’d stop…

what can I say... I’m excitingly disagreeable)

So we got to the fireworks just as it was ending…so we just went to the theater and watched ‘Wanted’.

He opened a few doors and waited for me to go in first…

He looked into my eyes a few times… held my drink a few times… put his hand around my shoulders a few times…

An hour and a bit later…the movie was over.

Good movie… good laughs… good conversation

He dropped me home… and as I kissed his cheek goodnight…
HE MOVED IN FOR THE LIPS

…ummm….

Why?

Why not?

No… why though?

You’re beautiful

…that explains it…

I had thought about the possibility of the kiss earlier… but his mouth looked a bit apologetic like it was already sorry for wrongs he hadn’t yet committed
…maybe it was the lighting…

He is a simple guy…

I’ve done strange, quirky, silly… even plain ol’ unacceptable…
…but never simple…

He wears simple clothes and drives a simple car… and his words are… simple.

He doesn’t look at me simply though

When I get home… I called my girls and said I thought we’d be great friends…

… I just spoke to him a few minutes ago… he said something really profound… like he could see me… I mean really really see me…

… perhaps this simple guy is not so simple afterall…

His is the name of kings

25 comments:

Really Random Name said...

He sounds too nice

onydchic said...

Ah... the euphoria of new love... sigh...

I want one too..

goodnaijgirl said...

I get chills! You sound like someone who might have met the guy for her.

I love relationships that start so simply and turn out to be something so immensely right and brilliant that people look and say they want the same thing for themselves.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Unbiased said...

ONG is in love. Wow!!!!!!
I hope this all pans well. Dont be too disagreeable o!!!!

Blogville idols is on. (Link up through clicking the picture on the right of my page).
When the time comes vote for your girl. aight?

bumight said...

a simple guy with the name of kings? wait...what was a nigerian simple guy doing at a pride event? cos nigerian simple guys are different from the rest of the simple guys!

AlooFar said...

Ha!

He wears simple clothes and drives a simple car… and his words are… simple. A perfect guy u mean ;)

Charizard said...

Darn...was gon hop and say furst but then i saw comment moderation....

wow...mehn this is profound...dunno what to say mehh onb-baby

NigerianDramaQueen said...

First of all, do have a tall guys magnet? and how can I get it?!LOL
I dated an Obiora once..and h was anything but simple-overtly complx infact. So this simplicity-if simplicity is the case-might be beautiful. Since you've given everything a chance-give simple a chance. I like the way he sounds!!!
Heck he pulled out your chair for you and gets your humor! Pretty please dont put him in the friends box yet!!!
Loved this: his lips were ''apologetic like it was already sorry for wrongs he hadn’t yet committed''..
~As always, poignant and beautiful.
PS: Am I 1st again?!!!!!

Buttercup said...

awww...i guess a book shudnt be judged by its cover, u dont know what is lurkin underneath that simplicity..as u said, perhaps hes not so simple afterall..u shud probably give him a chance..or two..

i simply luv ur style of writin!

ibiluv said...

guess simple works.............

Torrance Stephens bka All-Mi-T said...

women forever givin' us men grief lol

uNWrItten* said...

obiora!!!...odikwa risky bebe girl!
nne..this was freaking romantic!!!..it seems u are a bit resistant to his advances..yet u are still interested..i guess u spoke to soon about his simplicity..people are not always what they seem....
i think i like this one ONB....:)

BlogVille Idol said...

the contestants have their songs up on blogville idol page ..pls run over there to listen to then and pls vote

geisha said...

simple can be good.. right?
a non-homophobic nigerian is a rare thing...


ps.. *whispering* ... vote for me. now oh! :)

the genius within said...

yaay, finally the 'simple' guy gets the hottest girl in the club.

how many times has that happened?

lets give him a chance, he does the simple things right and was assuming but a little bold with the kiss, if it was the 1st date night? or am i mistaken?

nicely written..take care

Nigerican said...

I need a simple guy too. How've u been hun?

Accidental SIren said...

Where are you getting all of these tall men? LOL Don't write him off as just a friend yet though, you know how things can change.

Original Mgbeke said...

Why am I cheesing extra hard?
My dear, sometimes simple is good o. All these gra gra men and their wahala....

Keep us posted. :)

Tears said...

hey sis! need ur vote again o!

:D

Jaja said...

your writing has a sweet groove to it.. but I ve said it before.

"but his mouth looked a bit apologetic like it was already sorry for wrongs he hadn’t yet committed"

the kind of lines you write...

alice in wondarland said...

awwww...too sweet:)

rayo said...

hmmn, he opens doors and all, oh boy, i'm scared, i dont dig stuff lyk dat but chic if it works 4 u oh, all d best.

BeautyinBaltimore said...

How do you manage to get all these tall guys men. Some of us tall girls(and I am only 5'8) are lucky if we land one in a year.

ONdLOW said...

I like him already!

Tyger said...

i like him....

do it babes