Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spring has spoken

  • The Escada perfume I got for my birthday...
  • My new purple and gold leather tote. It's incredibly huge and flashy and I love it
  • My new Patricia Field drag shoes. I probably can't wear those in 'polite company' but every girl needs a pair of drag queen shoes in her closet and now I have two!!!
  • The return of my darling Jolene from the winter wonderland he went to for months. I think I'll wear my drag shoes to go diamond 'shopping' with him at Tiffanys (lol... memories... and I'LL ask him to marry me this time!)
  • Working out to Britney Spears "Blackout" album (so high- energy and fun). My next purchase will be Janet Jackson's "Discipline".
  • Tennis bracelets... and my 2 Tigerhead bracelets... one of which my best friend got me for my birthday. So funky... I wear them with everything.
  • My first organic cotton purchase... a black 3/4 sleeved blazer. Doing good for the environment never looked so good.
  • I'm thinking of changing my name again... from Olive to Venus.
  • Matching coloured mani and pedis.
  • Maxi dresses in various patterns and prints are one of my most recent addictions. I already own 8 and still can't get enough.
  • Black gladiator sandals... there's something so stark about them that I find incredibly sexy. I got a pair on my trip to New York 2 days ago... they're satin and studded with dark stones... so cute my best friend just had to get a pair. We're counting down the days until we can wear em.
  • I blog-miss my big sister SOUL everyday
  • Gongo Aso... heard it first at a club in Nigeria and went mad. It still gets me on my feet everytime... totally the new yahoozee. Imagine that, Lori le and soty malaria are hot on its heels though.
  • My guess highwaisted jean shorts... they're a bit tight... but the workouts are coming along so by summer I should be set.
  • My student agenda
  • Someone I love has found Love... and I LOVE it
  • Jill Scotts 'Come see me' on her 2007 'the real thing' album (I feel a life in a song coming onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn)
  • Mozilla Firefox... I love the multiple tabs
  • Green has taken over last years yellow as my favorite new colour this spring.
  • Manzillas(stuffed olives)... I can eat a jar of this stuff in a day.
  • I'm heartbroken for my friend who recently lost her mother... there simply are no words of comfort good enough, no justification that makes enough sense... Absolutely nothing. All I can offer are my open arms, prayers and hope that as time goes by she will continue to think of her mother with smiles and not tears. God bless you my darling... I have learnt so much from you. You really are one of my heroes.

27 comments:

Uzezi said...

sounds like u r having fun

bumight said...

Spring has NOT spoken anything to me yet. it's still cold as hell outside.
u can do multiple tabs with internet explorer too :)
move over yahooze, Gongo Aso is the new IT dance!
turqouise blue is the new yellow!

ablackjamesbond said...

Lori le is one funny song...my son[18months old] feels the song too. He is gtting over yahooze as well.

Am i first?

Nwanyi Ocha said...

Your right - spring's here!!!
gongo aso is tooo maddd!!!, maxi dresses... gorgeous weather(not too hot/cold)...soon half naked hunks parading around ....*sigh :)

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Uzezi: I am... way too much fun... and im going on vacayyyyyy soon with my girlssss..cant wait.. details coming up soon.. its gonna be soooooooooo exciting!!!!!!! oh my goshh...how u doing this fine babe self?

Bumight: Lol.. its not as warm as it could be right now.. but our weathers in the 6s and 8s and 10s... 15 coming right up...cant wait... ive already started getting the hot pink pedicures...soo eggzairingggggggggggg.. lol.. turquoise i dont mind... actually i think im wearing a turquoise dress to a wedding im going to this weekend now that i think of it.. i just hope they dont start binding spirits in me cos the back is slightly open.. lol.. slightly ohhhh...

Ablackjamesbond: i LOVEEEE your name.. .seriouslyyyyy.. that song is maddd.. fell in love with it in Nigeria too... went crazy dancing at the club... i think tupac or tuface or whatever was there and a whole bunch of other ppl... soo much fun... theres another song i really love... something about fashola.. i danced for like 8 hours straight oh.. was crazyyyyyy

Nwanyi ocha: tell me about it!!! one of the events im looking forward to this summer is the annual gay parade omo come and see FINE BOYS... lol... if it wasnt something u walked around 4 hours and hours... i'ld probably wear those drag shoes i was talking about.. but no wahala.. im going to a drag show when my jolene comes back oh.. so i'd probably wear em then... and hes REALLY tall... so even in those 6 inch heels self... we'd probably be the same height or something...

Omosewa said...

Welcome to the world of Mozilla firefox, it rocks!!!

I want a purple bag too, havent found anything that makes me drool...yet.

LOL@drag shoes, too fine and too cute to be walking like a crab abeg, i'll pass...:D

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Omosewa: lol.. they're drag shoes not hooker heels oh... just really exagerrated and bla bla bla.. but they're really fun(ny)...maybe i'll put up a picture... i LOVEEEE em... i will only rock them like twice a year... lol.. i will even take them to my husbands house.. im serious... as in these shoes will grow old with meeeeeeeeeee.... yippeeeeeeeee.... lol... how u dey now my sweerieeeee... happy spring to you

NigerianDramaQueen said...

Im so happy its spring time! Today has been my happiest 'parisian' day cuz it was the first day of spring. Im gonna blog about it I think. Gongo Aso is my jam now too! Play it everyday. Escade rocks. "Give me more" always gets the party started here-need to listen to the whole album, and Jill Scotts new song. Need a Pedi REAL BAD, need an agenda too- I walked into class today and my teacher was like where is your homework, and I was like I thought its due Thursday and she was like "It is Thursday"-lol!!! Okay Iv taken enough of your blog space.
Bon Printemps........xx

Jaycee said...

I can see someone has gone "GOO-GOO-GA-GA" over Spring...LOLLL.

I totally LOVE Mozilla Firefox. It's the best thing since sliced bread and butter...

Hmmmm...why do u love the name Venus? Spill!

Awww...u bought an organic cotton blazer. I think I shd in invest in something to give back to the environment too...lol.

Black gladiator sandals? Not surprised...u've always been wild.

omohemi Benson said...

I love your spring list.

How are you doing sweets.

1stpet2v9 said...

"got a pair on my trip to New York 2 days ago" hissssssssssssssssss

wow.. i totally feel u on d green though... my fav too... but drag shoes though? lmao

never heard of 'em.. I want a pair too.. lol

Freaky Deaky said...

Nothing wrong at all with tight shorts.

I can't wait for Firefox 3.

Spring has been taking a bit of a nap around here. Either that or she's schizophrenic.

azuka said...

Someone's enjoying Spring. It's still slightly chilly here though...

SET said...

You are so ready for Spring/Summer. Dresses are sinful, I swear I could not have enough. gladiator r all over the stores and everyone can't wait to wear them, i am tired of the cold too. Calm to your friends soul for the loss of her mom, i couldnt imagine.

Tears said...

NICE!!

NikkiSab said...

Enjoyment minister...cruise on o jare!!! I love dat lori le....i am gonna make it my ring tone hehehehe!!! May ur friend's mom RIP

Elle Woods said...

I missed ur blog...and u. And yeah...i want some gladiator sandals.
How have u been?

Ms. Catwalq said...

i have no comment....

Zephi Fahrenheit said...

na you biko....
gotta love spring though...cant wait for this damc cold to give wat already....

geisha said...

hey i want an update on ur love triangle!!

Mocha said...

Good for you sweets, love your list.

Got me a mani & pedi yesterday; n-e-c-e-s-s-a-r-y!!
And yeah they match too..

Well as you know its summer all year round [basically] so I live in t-shirts on the weekends and in my car/office [a/c full blast I might add] during the week, so *exuding beef* enjoy your "changing weather"!!

But I'm loving the maxi dresses; cute.
And lmao @ "drag heels"..that is SO you tho..lol..

Gongo Aso is great? But "Pere" [Mo' Hits Collection Track 9] will always be my first love, it is so delicously razz *sigh*

@ ablackjamesbond: you need to see/hear my cousin's boy & girl 18month old twins singing lori le!! it is SOOOOOOOOO cute & funny!! LOL!

SapphireAster said...

HI..ONB...I've missed you. Wow I've been away for too long but I just read about LondonBuki's mom!

Anu boy said...

too much enjoyment, only you... enjoy oh... anyways, its all good....

doll said...

yes o spring has indeed spoken

uNWrItten* said...

im such a big fan..
uhmm looks like u took a peek at my wish list..lol
!

soupasexy said...

am totally feeling "Gongo aso", am not even yoruba and i know the words..its crazy!

mirage said...

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee