While my neighbours struggle to shovel the snow in their driveways, and my friends down incessant cups of coffee for warmth... I'll be in Nigeria basking in the sun.
(It'll be my first time back since I left... THIS IS MAJOR!!!)
I'm packing a bottle of SPF 30 sunscreen, 2 sunglasses and 12 stilletos(maybe more) for my 21 day stay.
Suya for breakfast, snail stew for lunch and Suya for dinner... I won't eat a sandwich for the duration.
I'm incredibly excited but it probably says lot about me that my first thought when I realized I'm actually going to Nigeria was 'dang why did I have to gain weight' (I've never denied being slightly shallow... smile)
I only have a week and a bit, and I still have so much to get in order:
- A digital camera... I plan to capture every yawn
- A new bathing suit... I own numerous two-pieces but I've decided that I won't show any belly on this trip. I want to avoid being asked how much I charge an hour or thrown in jail (whichever comes first).
- Hepatitis Shots... and mosquito repellent (Dancing Queen still has scars from September)
- A little black dress... I own 10 LBDs but I have a terrible habit of not repeating party dresses
- A music player or some sort... where I'm transiting, they no 'speaky English'
For the next few weeks, my blog will be that of a tourist... the before, during and the after...
I'll see my maternal grandparents for the first time in 14 years... this christmas.