Saturday, September 22, 2007

What A Mighty God We Serve...

Sometimes we get hung up on the stress... the distress
Even more than our problems, sometimes Life itself starts to weigh us down...
Questioning ourselves... questioning God...


Why me? Why not me?
WHY?!?!?!


We try to keep our heads up and fight through it... to keep a cheerful smile
...but when we go to bed at night... we cry...
You've done it for others Lord... you told me you loved me... you told me you'd take care of me...
Why hasn't it come?! Why do you let others look down on me Lord?!?! Why do you let my enemies rejoice Father?!?!?!

You pray every day and every night... every night and every day... waiting on him... patiently on him...
Then... sometime... somewhere... a tiny beacon of hope... its finally happening...
Then you find out its a mirage... a half-actualized illusion... which is infinitely more painful because you know you can do it... things just aren't going the way they're supposed to...


Then after praying for so long... fasting for so long... waiting for so long...
After all these years...
FINALLY!!!
PREGNANT!!!


You're afraid to hope... but then you want to... this time God... at least this one time...
You talk to him... and tell him you're READY for your miracle... you want to testify to his goodness...


After all these years, YOU CAN because after all these years he hit you with a double blessing...

CONGRATULATIONS SISTER TAYO on your twins
We're so happy for you...
Thank you Jesus for your never-ending kindness...

27 comments:

The shopaholic. said...

I am FIRST. I just know it....
Ok BRB

The shopaholic. said...

The lord is truly good. Praise him!
Congrats to Aunty Tayo o.

Chika said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

~Mimi~ said...

awwwwwwwwwww

gosh!

congratulations to ur aunt tayo!

Zephi said...

I dont know tayo, But I am happy for her...I can relate because I have been around people who wanted the fruit of the womb badly...It took a while but God blessed them

For tayo, hers was a double blessing....

temmy tayo said...

He is faithful. Congrats to Tayo.

geisha said...

awwwwwwwww
i know someone in the same shoes.
they adopted in the end.
and are still as excited as if it'd been a natural birth. guess their expectancy was way longer than 9months...
congratulations!
God is good.

catwalq said...

congrats o
so u r now getting married to Jisoz?

Fatoumatta said...

wow...congrts to ur sis...i so loved to have twins...so ur an aunt now?or was?
tc :]

Soul said...

Amen. :D

Belle said...

God is faithful!

nice one ONB :)

In my head and around me said...

Awww. Heatwarming news.

babzent said...

MY CONGRATULASHUN TO AUNTY TAYO O!
I'm happy 4 her Can't wait to be a father meself.

Jezi Brown said...

very inspirational!
good one babe!

Anonymous said...

Aunty Tayo,congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may they grow in d fear of God,amen.

femme said...

you know not to take things like this for granted when u see the pain and lost hope of people who try and pray and yet....

Zena said...

Congrats to your Aunt,
She got the double blessing for her waiting.

Uzo said...

Oh cool...Congratulations to her...Nothing is impossible for God....And there is a time for everything....

Teediva said...

awwww, congrats o. pics pls? lol.

SET said...

WOW, GOD IS AWESOME. PERSERVING AND BELIEVING AND KEEPING YOUR VISION AS IS WILL GET YOU WHAT YOU ARE PRAYING FOR. THIS IS PRIME EXAMPLE. THX FOR SHARING MA.

Anonymous said...

God is good!!! He certainly meant it when he said: "...Instead of their shame, my people will receive a double portion..."

A big congratulations to Aunty Tayo. I pray that God will continue to shower his blessings on her family. Amen!!!

LOVITA said...

He's alpha & Omega
My God is the beginning and the end
He holds the world in the palm of his hands... he can do anything

wonderful post

www.lovita.bravejournal.com

Jaja said...

A think say na u born..

You this girl.. how body? I ve been hovering about this your blog... not leaving comments...

So its clive Owen eh? Oya send me ur e mail.. let me mail u my best pictures... the are deserving of a whole year's blog post by u!

Lol

Afrobabe said...

Wow its been a year of twins for most people I know praying for the fruit of the womb..

God is good..

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I still dare to believe because He is faithful. Thank you Lord.

Anonymous said...

Overwhelmed sweetie, ur someting else. honestly am glad 4 a friend like u. i praise the Lord truly for our aunt tayo, may she have power to take care of her twin boys. remember ur gonna babysit tho.

BOBBY said...

Congrats Sister Tayo...

I remember the days and discussions and i even remember praying for you myself.

God is surely good.