Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In The Mix

My summer is sizzling… and I might end up talking a lot about boys and parties and carnivals and more boys… but I will try my best to intersperse my ‘dating narratives’ with Mummy Sundays, Life in a song posts and other intellectual mumbo- jumbo every once in a while.

The ‘major’ players:

  1. Robin: I call him Robin cos he does excellent caricatures… he can imitate voices and sounds like nobody I know. He’s Nigerian (Igbo to be exact), 25, smart, political, 6 ft 2 (he says 3’ cos he cant stand the fact that I’m a little taller than him in certain heels). My sarcasm… he GETS! This guy is really cute (yes… SDC- Sober Daylight Cuteness), lanky with a bit of musculature… and he wears RED! (I think it’s so sexy when a guy wears red). He makes me laugh all the time… I honestly never realized how many dirty Igbo jokes there are… and he’s up on that shit… bloody dirty bastard... lol. I find it incredibly sexy to speak to him in Igbo for some reason… I had a short dinner with him once since I met him two weeks ago… and we talk just about everyday… he’s somewhat cranky when we don’t (he doesn’t admit this of course… but I know he simply adores me… hehe… although he does spend 90% of his free time making up various insults and stupid names for me… the only guy I know who asks me how I can live with being so ugly… lol… he’s one of those people… you either get his sense of humour or you don’t… and I DO… and I give back as good as I get… trust your girl)

He asked me to be his girlfriend last night…

I’ve known him for about two weeks…

I like him as well… but I don’t want to go there just yet… I want to see more of him… I want to know more of the things that make him laugh, make him sad, make him think… I wanna know if I like the way he kisses… and I haven’t even kissed him… actually I haven’t kissed in months and months... gosh I hope I remember how… lmao

I think we're supposed to go and see a movie or something tomorrow (any recommendations?)

I didn’t say no…

But I didn’t say yes…

Plus… there’s another guy I’m kind of beginning to like as well:


2. Will aka Muscle: He’s a cute, 6 ft 1 part-time bouncer/student with a body out of a fitness magazine… abs ripped like a motherfucker, dark chocolate smooth skin and A NECK TATTOO (one of the sexiest things a guy could possibly get in my opinion). I love the way his adams apple bobs when he talks... and he smiles... with his eyes…it’s like do I really make you smile that much? (and this coming from a girl who doesn't like guys who smile too much... so you know its good) He’s something of a metrosexual, weird cos I’ve never really been a great fan of pretty boys… but then again…fuck it… I’m prettier… lol.

I actually first met him a few months ago… a friend of a friend…

‘hi’

‘bye’…

A month or so later…

‘hi, how are you doing’

‘good… you?’

then I met him again with my ‘1’ Naijadyme earlier in the summer I think… we chilled and went semi-shopping… girls did I tell you this guy has a BODY on him?!!! He liked me then… but I wasn’t really giving him much face… I don’t know… I think his timing was just off that day…

I bumped into him on Sunday at a club… looking sexy-as-hell with his black on black and funky faux-hawk and chocolate skinned self. I was not looking ok or cute on Sunday… fuck it… I was looking HOT. I went with a couple of my girls… and our table was constantly being filled with drinks all night(older guys though… wasn’t interested so I acknowledged the drinks with a nod… and sedate smile… 2 persistent guys found a way to slip me their numbers... but I won't call)

I loved muscle’s confidence on Sunday… he didn’t ask me to give him my number… he just gave me his phone, smiled and told me to do my thing… lol… so I did.

Coincidentally, I saw him yesterday shopping around my area… we stopped by starbucks… 2 hours and 3 white chocolate macchiatos later…

I’m feelin him…

He’s liked me for months… is so adorable you have no idea… he wants to have a private picnic this weekend… lol… who does that I ask him? I like different… so it works for me

My phone is having some issues right now(yeah… AGAIN)… but because he wanted to talk to me last night after our ‘mini-date’… he gave me his other cellphone to use… sweet right… (I should be getting a new one today... so I'll be nice and give it back )

The most surprising thing about this is when I called my ‘1’ Naijadyme last night and told her that I was feeling the dude and she said ‘I know’… she knows? Apparently I liked him the last time we chilled but was just being difficult…lol… worreva (sometimes best friends suck ass with their 'truthiness'... lol)

He’s a man… at 21

I told him he’s coming with me to get my eyebrows done today… and unlike most guys… he was down and didn’t complain for shit… lol… I wonder if he’ll let me paint his toenails weeks down the line (just kiddin... I think... lol)

In the meantime, I still have his phone… so if you wanna reach me… holla… 1-800-MUSCLES

*There are a couple of other up-and-coming potentials… but this post is a bit long… so I’ll write that up later *

35 comments:

O.šeyï said...

Yessss! I'm first! tee hee!

So here's what i think... ROBIN. HELL NO! This is why... Most guys that are so quick to jump into relationships like that, jump out of them just as easy. Dont let anyone lie to you! Its just a little too "spooks" for me. Except you just want a nice quickie in which case you just tell him as it is... "why dont we give this 'thing' we are doing a name and just get to the chase" ; )

I like Muscles because he seems confident enough to be willing to do silly things. But be careful, all this one could fade too o. Guys know girls fall for things like this so dont get too mushy mushy just yet. It could be a ploy to get you exactly where he wants you.

So my verdict! Definitely Muscles!!!! hehe. If both of them are "maybe's" you might as well have fun while you're at it. Muscles seems willing to go with the flow. 10! ; )

Keep 'em coming!!

Zephi said...

wow...
you are like a guy magnet.mehn..how do you do it? people are even slipping their numbers by force. it most be nice oh...Thanks for stopping by on my blog, you made me blush

temmy tayo said...

You never cease to crack me up. You can so ive guys names sha. ROBIN!!! can you see why i want to learn igbo? You just admitted there is somefin sexy about the language.

Teach me abeg.

My 2 cents said...

Ok!!

Overwhelmed, when I say to be young...I mean to indulge in all the goodies you are enjoying right now,I was here once..a little while back

I say pick Robin,I'm big on humor!!. Anyman that can pick up on that and make me laugh till I cry has got to be the one.ThAt is the sexiest thing ever in my book.
it spells chemistry and mystery. But in all use wisdom darling.

imoted said...

Long time ONB.. I've been slacking. Anyways, all I can say is awwwwwwwwwww. He gave you his cell cos he wanted to talk to you and your's was bad. How thoughtful.Awwwwwwwww.. lol

Anonymous said...

i dunno but im just feelin robin..lawl..my 2cents sha..hot chica

John said...

I definitely like the way u write, u really do have a special gift, i'm not good at comments, so i usually dont post 'em, but i jus had 2 speak up dis tyme, read all the 'mummy sundays', looking forward to the next one. keep it up.

geisha said...

ok. i like robin. and while i agree with seyi about the whole too-fast thing, i also appreciate a guy that knows what he wants and goes after it! he probably doesnt expect u to answer immediately, just wants u to know he's thinking serious.

muscles is my kinda eye-candy guy.. from the description anyway!! and sweetness on top of such hotness is rare, so u might want to keep him!anyway its all on u babe! you're totally spoilt for choice - i'm so jealous!!

ChiefO said...

im back! downdates coming on my blog soon. ONB i see saw all ur twice or thrice messages u left on my blog. abeg no vex, na condition make fish use contraceptive.

confused child said...

d post isnt long at all, infact i didnt realize wen i reached d end cos i was so into it.
Anyways as for me ma choice is definately muscles, cos in ma imagination he.s so fyne n sexy.

Idemili said...

Oh God. I don't need to hear about sexy men. Right now I will hump anything that moves.

SET said...

LOL, I WILL BE CALLING 1800-MUSCLES. YOU ARE MESS. LOL. THESE GUYS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE TOO HOT.

Beyond said...

Can see you are getting your groove on. pls, take your time and get to know both guys very well before hanging unto either of them.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

O’seyi: yay… you get to come with me to starbucks today for another white chocolate machiatto or whatever they call it… it’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good… I think I’m getting addicted. I can see what you’re saying about the asking me out fast… but I don’t know… sometimes that’s right and sometimes it’s not… an ex and I ‘dated’ for about 3 weeks before we ‘dated’… another ex and I ‘dated’ for 3 months before we ‘dated’… so I think it depends on the person, time, frame of mind, connection bla bla bla… but yeah… he’s a good guy… I like that he makes me laugh so much… real cute and has some ideas in his head… my close friend doesn’t like him cos of some shit that I wont really get into here… he’ll meet my sister and female bestie and male bestie(he interviews the guys all the time… lol) and go out with him a couple more times before I even think of making any decisions… if its right… its right.. if its not… it’s not… I don’t rush nething… just enjoying my groove trust me… I won’t mess that up if he ain’t doing it… muscles is cool too… extremely nice… we actually went yesterday to see a movie, have dinner and ‘starbucks’ AGAIN… I really enjoy his company… he’s a goofball… complete goofball. Nothings certain on any of em… there’s other up and coming guys as well… all I’m doing is going on dates… getting to know ppl and seeing where it goes jare… nuttin too big at this point… I might not even end up dating any of em… there’s no pressure or hurry… have a great day mami I realize this is a longass reply

Zephi: lol.. guy magnet for where? I don’t know oh… I don’t think its me…I think its something in the water… lol. I guess guys will be guys will be guys… I’m just seeing what’s out there jare and keeping my options open… luving it though… summer time is always fun…this one is NO exception… can’t wait to see what else unfolds…
Temmytayo: lol… I try my best oh… I just name them based on a habit or something about them… what they remind me of… or whatever nonsense is in my head at the time… lol…. IGBO IS SEXYYYYY AS HELL… I think. I will teach you oh temmy… you know anything for you… lol. Today’s lesson…. ‘kedu’ means ‘how are you’(you should know this one oh) ‘odimma’ means ‘fine’… lmao… then you get to help me polish up my Yoruba… soul, londonbuki, naijadude and papi have FAILED miserably at that job!!! lol
My 2 cents: lol… you’re so adorable… yeah I like robin too… choices choices… lmao… and the sad part is that there’s still more to be made.. actually not so sad… hehe… I think laughter is key as well… this guy cracks me up, pisses me off, makes we smile… a lot of things… and I kinda like that… we’ll see what happens… Muscles is cool too so there’s no definite yet…

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Imoted: lol… he really is adorable… I was actually going to give him back his phone yesterday and he came with the charger and told me to keep it until I didn’t need it… lol… but some recent developments seem to be coming up… I think I’ll be getting a phone in a day or two so I’ll give it back when I do… and I think there was a bit of transparency with him giving me the phone that I liked… he didn’t delete his text messages… go through his phone book and take off certain names… he just gave it to me… and it’s not like a phone he doesn’t use… he does… he’s sweet and he woke me up this morning with his husky ass voice… I can’t give Robin his number to call me cos I don’t want him calling sometime in the future and some kinda issues… lol… I’m blonde but I’m not dumb… hehe

Anonymous: yea… Robin’s cool

John: thanks sweetie… it’s all good… feel free to come back whenever… I will write a mummy Sunday post when I’m in the frame of mind… hopefully in the next few days or so… I’ll stop by your blog soon

Geisha: lol… yeah Robin’s a cool dude… I think I’ll see him sometime before the week runs out or the weekend… I really wanna see hairspray… saw knocked-up yesterday with muscles… it was funny… a lil overhyped by my sister and friends… but I still liked it… lol muscles is cute and just has that body girl you have noooo idea… hehe…it’s not just physical tho… he’s cool as hell… hours pass with him… just talking about everything and nothing at the same time… lmao I am spoilt for choice…. And there’s more where that came from… I should be shot if I say I’m not having fun widdit… lol… I hope you’ve FINALLY updated cybersis… lol
ChiefO: welcome back oh my dear… I dey come check you out… you and your sporadic updating self… I’ve sha missed you… hope you’re having a good summer

Confused child: awwww you’re such a sweetheart… thanks mami. He is fine and sexy that muscles is…but then again… so is Robin… actually I wouldn’t really use the word sexy to describe Robin… he’s more handsome… you know classic guy features… while Muscles is the ‘man-of-the-moment’ kind of beauty… difficult to explain… perhaps if I used ibo it would make more sense… lol

Nwannem Ide: lmao… are we safe?!?!? Hehe…

Set: lmao… I still have the phone too… matter of fact… he just called me… gosh I think I’m running up his bill like a mother… cos I’ve been on the phone non-stop… yapping about too many things… I’m going clubbing tomorrow but earlier I have a date with ‘foreigner’… yeah another guy I haven’t spoken about here… lol… my friends are all just laughing… cos it’s a lil hard to keep up with some names… but it’s all in good fun though… nothing serious… a dinner here… a lunch there… a phone conversation there… just weeding out and chilling out… it’s all in a summers day.

Beyond: lol… I’m not hanging onto anybody oh… just rafting by myself… surveying…

Kafo said...

i dunno
i like Muscle boy (i call him boy because at 21 i'm like seriously what do u really know about life)
the whole bod thing is awesome

but is there substance and then the whole 6 month thing

so yeah i'm leaning toward Robin
i mean the whole "let us be a couple" seems too fast


NO NO

i don't like either that much
both have Question Marks so yeah
so just have fun no commitments

NEXT PLEASE

Nigerican said...

Do u're thing Ma, we only get to live once *Big Smile*.

Movie suggestion: If u want a good laugh go see the movie about the firefighters who had to get married for benefits . Its hella f@*%ing hilarious .

NaijaBloke said...

All this ones wey u just dey test muscles man,chef man,iron man etc up and down ... na cos i no dey house abi ...

Nne I dey come next month and if u like lemme catch u with all those things(men).Aha mbu naijabloke if I no do something drastic.

Mrs Somebody said...

I like 'em both.

Patrice said...

This sounds a bit too . . . something, I don't know what exactly (clinical maybe?). I want to hear about the electron affinity, the heat capacity, the ionic bond, the reaction rate and the surface tension . . . you know, if there chemistry.

Vera Ezimora said...

A man @ 21??? I dunno bout that o.

Anyway, how r u, baby?

~Mimi~ said...

crazy girl..

1-800-MUSCLES ko..

meanwhile whats up with your blog showing all these HTML codes in between the lines? or is it just me seeing rubbish?

Jaybabe said...

was here.will come back to read.

Pink-satin said...

Overwhelmed only you!with this guys all about you!abeg com dash me one..only ONE!

Naijadude said...

Wow! apparently someone have been having a great time hooking up all this totally phyness eh! hmm ride on eh and take am easy

LondonBuki said...

This is one H-O-T Summer for you o!

Meanwhile in BukiLand, it's just raining. LOL!

Nosa said...

I say none....and I tried weed, going to blog about it when my brain cells get together

ChiefO said...

ovawemed, how na body? no vex for e too much say i dey run from my blog as i like. na vera chase me comot. no my doing.

Noni Moss said...

Oh man I am sooo jealous!! I want to go on dates too! Lolll - i like them both. They both sound really cool but both have their shady sides as well. Robin is defo to quick off the mark - 2 weeks isn't long enough and you haven't even kissed! Abeg chillax! (Vickii & LB have been teaching me razz slangs). Muscles - sounds a little like a passing fancy. But please enjoy while you can - there is really no rush to settle down just yet.

Tell us about the rest.

Ubong Da said...

why do u have all those editing text in your blog?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Overwhelmed - nne, so its boys we will hear all through this summer..lol.., well all I can say is its really not your fault.

zaiprincesa said...

hmm..HOT BABE!!!!..lol..ur summer is truly on FAYA oh!!! Enjoy jare..its needed!

Mineexclusively said...

It's your time, enjoy the attention.

femme said...

i thot i left a comment here befor or was i laughing that much and forgot?
hope u have a nice weekend

The shopaholic. said...

Sweetrat! How na?
I say PICK ROBIN. He's 25..thats a good age, he's Naija, I already like his humor, and I generally like his vibe.
Will seems like he'll be cool to just mess around with if you're looking for that kind of thing. Plus neck tattoos might be hot and all but does he plan to work in Corporate Canada? LOL.
Go with Robin jare...
Oh and abeg kiss these guys and cop a feel of what they are working with 'cos girl you aint trying to end up with no 2" man. Hahahahahaha!