Saturday, April 21, 2007

I am a song

I am a song that brings to mind hooded eyes and seductive smiles… three piece suits and suggestive goodbyes

Words with double meanings and the people who understand them

Romantic candlelight and rhythmic pauses… I’m that song that makes sense when you’re trying to get or forget something

Souls bared in the privacy of darkness, hearts reaching out to one another in the warmth of April spring nights

Saxophones and low speakers… weary singers and nuanced voices... dim, smoky atmospheres...


I am a song

A song in which you gradually let go…

Heartbreaks and heartmends… healing from within

A song of restrained passion and private thoughts, intimacy and intensity… sometime solitude

A song that allows you to be whoever you want to be

It transcends people and places… cares and constraints… a mental haven


I am a song about adventures to destinations unknown

… thinking about it… talking about it… taking it there

I’m a song about sexy dinners and sensual dessert…

That extra slice


I am a song about hope

A song that makes you want to keep pushing on despite the odds

A song that makes you want to lean in closer and closer until you can feel the sound in your pores… a song you wish you could roll around in…

Sunny places and stolen kisses, heartfelt poetry and honest affection… a song that makes you smile when nothings funny


Yes… I am a song.

My heart is here so I will come back…

40 comments:

Nilla said...

Please do come back....until then, take care.

Jaycee said...

ooohhh, ONB how are u doing? Loved ur poem.

Looked downwards towards ur last post and saw the line that says, "blogging no longer brings u joy." Lolll...I'm so not current!

God is the #1 source of my JOY, blogging abt personal stuff is only secondary to me...infact all other things are secondary to me. It all depends on what you see as PRIORITY in ur life...

Have u ever asked urself this question, "what is ur priority darling?" When u answer that question, I pray that the number #1 thing on ur list of priorities will bring u JOY...if it doesn't bring u joy, then u MUST re-evaluate.

TTYL dear! XXX

LondonBuki said...

:-)

Patrice said...

Sing
your song
like no one's listening
loudly
clearly
for all
for you

Truth BeTold said...

i wonder, if u were a song, what would the title be?

beautyinbaltimore said...

Hope to see you return soon oh.

nosa101 said...

yay to that...i left my reading to see of you were back

Ugo Daniels said...

:)

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

please come back o!!!!!!!!!!!! im warning u o!!!!!!!1 come back o!!!!!!1 lol. on a serious note we miss u!!

akin aworan said...

Hang on.. i thought you had signed off for a while.. Guess you couldn't resist the song of blogging calling out to you, huh?

Nkechi said...

i take it that blogging is gaining a place in your heart again
=)

Nkechi said...

that was so beautiful.sing on honey,sing on!

Chika said...

beautiful words....nicely written.

fifi said...

im first!!!! well done babes i love your blog

Ms. May said...

Hey Love. It's been a while. Listen to what you heart says. I hope you are well.

Kafo said...

hmmm
i know i am not the first
i just know it
anywayz one song that comes to mind is Say by Kem
but there are so many more

omo u will rise

Beyond said...

Am first!
love this post.this show one of the importances of songs.

stranger said...

i have only read the last sentence. i just had to say HURRAY!!!! now i'll go back to read. hugs.

temmy tayo said...

Whatever it is babes, you will be fine.

Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

yayyyyy! so glad to hear that hope ur good luv

londonnaijachic said...

We want you back too but at your own time!We'll be waiting

TaureanMinx said...

We are here whatever you decide ONB

Uzo said...

Ahh....not staying away so long...I like this. Its simple and eloquent...hOW'S YOUR HEAD AND HEART THESE DAYS?

Idemili said...

Yay!

linda ikeji said...

are this ur exact words or u got it from somewhere? if they are ur words, then u are a poet. welldone

~Mimi~ said...

It's good to have you back dear :) never mind whats chasing you from blogland.......

omo-obanta said...

First? maybe? YES!!!

UnNaked Soul said...

I dreamt of you last night, only to come and find the piece you wrote about not blogging... you told me a lot of stuff in the dream that I can't remember. I know that you didn't want to see me at first then, you called out when I was leaving your house... we talked for a while about many things (that I can't remember)... and now you're not blogging... are we connected psychic(-ly)?

pretty weird dream (you added weight sha)...

so dear, please remind me what we discussed... my auditory memory is not so retentive but my visual memory is... *wink*

Favoured Girl said...

Yay!! You will come back to blogville! Our very own Overwhelmed the 'scandalous blogger'!!

omohemi Benson said...

Yay!Oh mygoodnes am so excited!

omohemi Benson said...

You are a beautiful song.

The Pussy Cat Bitch said...

Wow, what a great post. I like your style of writing. Your words are very powerful. I admire that. Bless that hand and mind of yours.

dolly said...

Nice post

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

hey babes,

been checking everyday to see if u r back, wasup? hope u r okay????

Vera Ezimora said...

Hurry back then

Vixen said...

You've been nominated for the Thinking Blogger Award. Come back little dove...come back.

eyecandy said...

Wow...am first. Please do come back soon!!

Klara said...

Wow! Am da First!!:=)
Well put! I loved this piece..Whoever Inspired it must be special!

Anonymous said...

whatever you do sha, keep your Mummy Sundays coming.

Chameleon said...

oh hey girl... welcome back! glad ur back too. xxx