Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blank

Blogging no longer brings me joy
I'm going to be away for however long it takes me to either recover that joy or dispel blogging completely from my system
This spot used to be my hideout... the one place that I could completely lay myself bare.. the good, the bad and the ugly
It no longer is

I haven't made any concrete decisions about the future of this blog... I just know that I can't be here right now... for my peace of mind and emotional wellbeing
This blog used to be one of the most important things in my life... but right now it's a blank

We probably will pass one another on the street and not recognize each other... but I feel like a lot of you are friends
We've laughed together, cried together... shared love and life together


It's been a priviledge knowing you guys and for the 8 months that I've been here... it's been fantastic having another family to call my own.

Soul- I love you with all my heart
papi- You're good to and for me... yes... one of my blogger truths
LondonBuki- you're beautiful inside and out... you inspire me. Mommy is fine in Jesus name
Olawunmi & ChiefO: You guys are my voltrons.. with the both of you in my corner... I feel like I can conquer the world.
uzo- You're honest and caring and kind and beautiful and loving... a pleasure to read.. always. The people around you are in the presence of 'goodness'
Jadedkiss: cybersis mine.. you were one of the first readers on my blog... you mirrored some of my thoughts and loved the same bloggers I loved... you rock!!!
Boorish Male: When I read your work, I believe again in the beauty of manhood.

Vera- your ability to find humour in everything is a beautiful thing to behold
NaijaBloke & BabaAlaye: you make me laugh all the time. When I'm sad or down... I read your words.
Bella Naija- my friend DA(babyphat lady) is probably your biggest fan... and I love you as well
Azuka and Nosa- You're both such intelligent young men.. so aware of the world outside your bedroom... it astonishes me
Noni Moss- You were one of my favorite bloggers when I started here... and you forever will be... you're an angel
Vickii: My favorite mixed girl in blogsville... you write like a pro... and you're so sweet I can see it in your words
ExcessiveDiva- my other blog big sister- I have no words to describe the way I feel about you... my personal warrior

Babe: Your shuki stories are funnier than some Saturday Night Live skits... You're one of the most original people my age I've come in contact with
TaureanMinx: Your pictures... your stories... your passion.. you're simply amazing
Idemili: nwannem nwanyi... I only started reading you recently but you've jumped to the top of my list... you write like I love to read... imagery jumping off the page... light and colour and patterns... you're stunning
zaiprincesa- you're funny and smart and cute... and I love you
Kpakpando: you really are a shining star... When I grow up... I want to be just like you
Waffarian: The only waffy person I know... but you bring to mind good things... very good things

Temmytayo, Desola, Calabar Gal, Favoured Girl- Someof my favorite london bloggers... you've always had friendly advice, encouragement, cyber hugs... you deserve the best
Biodun: You rock
Discombobulated Diva: you've been through so much but your optimism inspires me
Mistress & Freaky Deaky: you're both my favorite non- Nigerian bloggers...
Unnaked soul: the original *wink* man... keep winking sweetie... the world is your oyster... and please take care of my Canadian sister ms. zee for me
Mphaelele: I loved your writing because I saw your heart in it... and I still do
Mimi: Despite the fact that you have so few posts... I feel like I know you... you're gorgeous

Nigerican & Mari- You're wonder women
Nyemoni & In my head and around me- Admirable Nigerian women... you forever have my respect
Omohemi- I absolutely adore you
36 inches- my fellow long legged sister- good tidings
Chioma- I feel the same way about you now as I did when you adopted me as your little sister
Bitchy- You're not the sex in the city... you ARE the city.
Life of a stranger, Cherub, Diamond, Jaycee- When God looks down on you... he smiles


There are many others but thats fine... everybody I love knows that I love them
It's been a great journey so far... but I need some me-time
I need to go out and smell the roses
I need to see beauty in the world again
I need sunshine and laughter and true friends

This blog might self- destruct or ressurect

.... only time will tell...

*I probably won't be coming on your blogs either cos this is a complete timeout, but if you want to email me for whatever reason... feel free... it's overwhelmednaijababe@gmail.com.

42 comments:

omo-obanta said...

Wow. you def inspired me to start blogging. Hate to see you go. I hope you can come back
hugs...

Afrik said...

Awwwwww it is so sad to see you go:-(. I always look forward to ur blog everyday, to see your new posts. Girl you are one of the realest bloggers av seen so far...., I would love to see ur blog resurrect not the other way round.

LondonBuki said...

Hey ONB... you take all the time you need. Blogging is not your life...

You'll be missed but we understand completely. Just take it easy... :-)

I'll email you ... I 'll let you know when Mummy is completely healed :-)

Take care x

azuka said...

Well, what can I say? It was good knowing you while you blogged.

fluffycutething said...

But u didn't finish your mummy series!!!!!:(

Awwwwww....

Twas fun reading your blogs though!!!

Cheers and hope you find what you're looking for!!!

Ugo Daniels said...

I see i wasn't even mentioned. Oh! dear, anywaiz, do have a nice life outside blogging. As for me i'm a BBB 4 Laif

dolly said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww
pls don't ever dispel blogging from ur system....do come back

we'll all miss u

Anonymous said...

oya,quick quick,get to your inbox,i sent you an email.silly girl.what is the meaning of all this?
love ya.
EXCESSIVE DIVA

Confused Naija Girl said...

I totally understand girl.
i have been there.
But i know you will come back
you have to!

good luck babes. you inspired a generation of bloggers!

Desola said...

Am I first? I really need to gather myself together now cos this really is overwhelming!

I'll be back.

Uzo said...

AAAH....I understand this soooo much. Thanks for the sweet words...and you know where to find me tooo....Take care love

Stranger said...

oh no! goodbyes are shitty. u will be missed. but that is an understatement. i loved u in my own little way. i hope u knew that. if u must leave, then take these words with you: From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psa 61:2)

Thoughts said...

Sorry u feel this way.But u gotta to do what u gotta do.Be well

bimbylads said...

wish u all the best. take care, u will be missed..

BOBBY said...

Damn...

Freaky Deaky said...

Aww, thanks. It's nice being liked. Although I'm sure you already know that because many people seem to absolutely love you.

I enjoyed your posts. I hate that I seemed to have come in on the tail end of things. Hopefully this isn't your last post but if it is then it was nice reading about what you shared. Stay or leave, either way take care.

FD

Vickii said...

Hey hun, I'll really miss you but you've got to do what's right for you. It's been an absolute pleasure reading your blog and out of complete selfishness, I hope you continue blogging in the future.

Make sure you keep writing though ... you owe me a novel!

bhookey84 said...

awwwwwwwwwwww dont go nowwww even tho i didnt get a kini its alright sha, well i wish u all of Gods blessings o , it is well!

Idemili said...

Ha! Na wah o! What is going around blog world? Ada mmadu, o gini n'eme? Well, I'm new here so I guess ihe nwanu a ka ro wee fee m. Take all the time you need. Come back. Or I will haunt you.

Boso said...

You'll certainly be missed. Hang in there sis.

zaiprincesa said...

awww...babe..i hate when things like this happen...but i respect ur decision.
I have come to look forward to ur lifestories..admire ur style of writing, ur sense of humor, ur strength, ur sassiness, courage and resilience....i feel like im loosing a friend..*sniff*..

But do what u have to to keep ur sanity...

Be well.....

Waffarian said...

Oh dear, overwhelmed, I am sorry this space does not bring you joy anymore, but remember, it was your space before others and it will always be yours. Take the time you need, we will miss you and I really hope you come back and take what is rightfully yours, overwhelmed. Your words, your thoughts, your feelings, they are all yours, please remember that. You are who you are, your words are important, be free, write my dear, write.

Calabar Gal said...

HOW SAD!! You know there is only one Overwhelmed Naija Babe and every other one is a counterfeit. Sorry Bimbylads. (smile)

We will miss you but your sanity and peace of mind is paramount. We love you too and hope for nothing but the very best for you. Cheers.

laspapi said...

My Storm...

nosa101 said...

bwaaaaaaahhhhhhh

In Her Mind said...

i will patiently wait for you to come back! i know u'll be back! writers, true writers like you find it hard to let go of a place where u're words perform magic!

Soul said...

Aburo...
I've been reading this since you posted it. over and over again and I can't help but Smile.

There really are no words, so I'm just gonna SMILE
and I hope you are smilling whilst you take a break or leave blogworld.

Just keep on smilling. Everything feels better with a smile :D

Naija Vixen said...

take as much tyme as you need babes...was nice readn ur posts...take care.

Favoured Girl said...

Awww sorry blogging doesn't bring you joy anymore. Keep writing though, it seemed to bring you release. We'll miss your posts, so do try and come back!

Surviving with Truth said...

do whatever makes you feel happy. I'd like (love) for you to stay, but wouldnt want you here if you wont be happy here. Either way, have a great life and do, do you.

Mad Soul said...

i've been calling you. i wont call anymore because i dont want you to charge me with harrassment lmao
but you have my number. so call when you can. we should talk- go for a cup of parfait and have a good convo- about life and how shitty it is, and how much it doesnt seem like the shit is going to end, and how regardless, this too, shall pass.

you been thru worse...
u a soldier ;)
so anyway, call me before i come harass u at home!

TaureanMinx said...

Take it easy Mami! I'll email you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tiwalade said...

Noooooooooooooooooo!

I really don't want you to go cuz I LOVE reading your blog and I could always count on you to leave a comment on my blog but i understand if you need a break. Take care of yourself and even though you didn't include me in your list I know you love me ;)

will miss you loads!

beautyinbaltimore said...

YOu will be missed my dear. I've loved this blog from the beginning. You are one of the most linked to Nigerian blogs so you know there are so many people here in blog land who love you.

Take Care.

jadedKiss said...

another one bites the dust.

Chika said...

i'd miss u birthday mate.i've not been around here for too long but your blog has been one of my favourite spots.my heart is heavy that you chose to leave but i wish all the best.love u gurl!

Mrs Somebody said...

London Chameleon has stopped blogging,now you???? Why? Well your blog has always been fun. We'll miss you.

Nyemoni said...

O my days! ONB... words fail me, but I totally understand... Will be mailing ya! One love...

Discombobulated Diva said...

I can't believe it... its so sad to see you go, but i understand your need for a break from blogging... in time i hope you'll find your way to blogging... I hope that everything works out for you and that you continue to write because u are a talented writed and a very special individual... best of luck...

~DD

Bella Naija said...

Dont go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess you have to just do your thing.
Take your time bur dont delete your blog pleassssse
Take care darling!

Through these eyes said...

Oh hell no!!! I know you didn't just leave my muthafucking name out! OH HELL NAW!!! How far?

Bitchy said...

This girl, you are so funny times. I haven't been round in about two weeks, came over today, and saw that it was business as usual. And then scroll down to see that only a week ago you said official goodbye to blogsville?!!! Let's just say that I'm glad I didn't see the official goodbye on the day you wrote it.

And ta so much for putting me in your list. Yaay! I feel loved. Hope you're okay oh? You seem to have a lot going on now. Take it in your stride Xxxx