Friday, March 02, 2007

Phantom From My Past

My friend Irish Cream is having a little birthday get-together tomorrow. She’s new to Tacoma University and hasn’t made many friends there or outside come to think of it. I don’t go to her school but I know tons of people there. I’m that friend who invites my friends to make your party popping… so I’d taken it upon myself to do just that.

I was calling my friend Kumasi to invite him to the get-together, but it was the Jehovah Witness that picked up… My Jehovah Witness.

My Jehovah Witness asked me how I was… and told me he missed me… that it’d been almost 2 years since we’d last spoken but he still thought about me sometimes… that he’d wanted to call me but the last few times he’d gotten in contact with me… I’d been so cold… I told him I’d been hurting… He knew… he understood… he’d been hurting too… he wished things didn’t end the way they did… he really missed me… he wanted to see me…

I told him to be serious and he told me he missed the feel of my lips. I never replied him but my heart skipped a beat. He was never a beautiful man… or really my type… but there was something about him… he’d made me feel warm inside… I never thought I’d like a guy as much as I had liked him until the boyfriend came along…

For some reason I invited him to Irish Cream’s get-together… a part of me wants to see him… I want to see if my heart will still beat the same way… if I’ll still smile when someone calls his name…

I don’t know…

A part of me wishes I didn’t speak to him at all… and a part of me wishes I’d spoken to him for longer

He asked if my boyfriend was going to be there. I asked him how he'd found out about the boyfriend. I know he knows… and he knows I know that he knows… but we didn’t really talk about Kimor. I told him he wasn’t going to be there. He said good. I asked him why… he said he only wanted to see me.

Why didn’t I get mad when he said that?

He made me smile when he told me he still had my number… it’s been 2 years…

I know this won’t go anywhere… I’ll never go back to him…or the way we used to be… I won’t leave the haven I’ve created with Kimor for a ‘flight of fancy’… but just hearing his voice tonight took me back…

It took me back to times when I could just talk to him for an hour and all was right with my world.Times when we only kissed and our souls were sated… Times when we were able to affect each others moods… each others days. Times when he wouldn’t come to a party if I wasn’t going to be there… Times when we never said a word but everybody knew there was something between the both of us… Our time.

I’m already thinking about what I’ll wear tonight

33 comments:

Ubong Da said...

I don't believe it I am first am first. Now what is this thread all about kpa kpa. make I go read am and come back.

Diary of a Mad Soulful Sista said...

nonsense! hes fukly

Diary of a Mad Soulful Sista said...

forggod abourim! ur current man is sooo much finer! )
(and nicer, and he actually reads)

Nyemoni said...

don't let your flight o' fancy sway you girl......

In my head and around me said...

Flirting with the past?

Will wait to see the post you put up after the party before I comment.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

girl what are you doing up so early.. this flight of fancy... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

we'll wait for the update on this... wear somn RED!!! :-)

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Ubong Da: Ahh… congratulations for coming first… Todays prize is an Anita Baker Cd… I’ve been listening to her a lot these days… her voice is beauty!

@Diary of a Mad soulsista: lol… he’s kinda cute in an offbeat sort of way… but it never really was about that… I never had him on my mind before tonight… I don’t know… but I won’t do anything silly… AMEN!

@Nyemoni: That’s what I’m trying to prevent… maybe he’ll go the way of all ‘phantoms’…

@In my head and around me: That’s probably what I should’ve titled this post… ‘flirting with the past’…

@Diamond Hawk: lol… you nko? what are you doing up so early?! My dear e get as this whole thing be… cos in my head I can say I won’t let him affect me… I mean I love Kimor so I won’t do anything to jeopardize us… but… in fact I don’t know jare… I’ll see what happens tonight… who knows… he might not even be there!

Daisy said...

Hey girlfriend, take am easy o. Don't do something you would regret but I know you're smarter than that.

Have fun but think about the boyfriend the whole entire time.

Have a great weekend

bibi said...

lol..ubong da neva finish reading ehnn

ave fun.. and dont forget to gist us o

Mocha said...

Ah! I know how you feel..but usually the re-encounter [seeing an ex again] just leaves you feeling empty, low and leaves a I've-so-moved-on-from-that taste in your mouth..and watever u do, dont get sucked in..
If you're looking hotter than you did 2yrs ago, then wear something SMOKING!
Show him how good this place where you are now is!..lol..
Most importantly; work it!

9jamommy said...

My darling, I'm so sorry I've been away, I've been somewhat stressed. Giiirrrrl please don't do anything stupid, I've been in this position before (before I was married O! before all you 'aprokos' run to tell Mr. ) and let's just say I wasn't as strong as I thought I was.

bhookey84 said...

wait o doesnt ur boyfriend read ur blog abi i have u mixed up with somebody else, u bold o , i like

Diary of a Mad Soulful Sista said...

dont sell urself short sweetie... the only reason u got him on ur mind is simply because u somehow confused urself hes the shit... undo that... pls

My Heart said...

Giiirrrll!!!! I recognize this feeling - It's a dangerous one at that. Someone from your past still attracted to you. Someone who knows you have a man yet is still brave enough to want to step to you. Be nice to him but abeg don't spend too much time around him oo. Na temptation be that.

Waffarian said...

I dey sing p-square "this na temptation, it can lead to confusion...oh lord" hahahahah, takeriteasy baby gal, but look good sha, make im mouth water well well hahahahah!

Neo-Soul said...

Sometimes a blast from the past is just a blast from the past nothing more. Your heart skips a beat, but sometime it does that because your heart...no your body is just use to it lol ... hope you were looking extra hot just because you can!!! lol Give him something to wish on you know where home is and its with the boo.

Vera Ezimora said...

Hmmmm. Okay oh, hurry up and tell me what happens abeg. This blast from the past seems very... interesting.

Abeg, hurry up & tell us!

Ineka said...

My dear, stay out of trouble o. There's definitely still some feelings there so abeg, don't put yourself into any situation that you might regret in the future. They say the heart is willing but the body is weak..(abi whatver the hell it is that they say)

ijeoma obu iheoma said...

its always better to leave the past untampered, and focus on the present. right now you are tampering.. heres to hoping that it works out.

Jaycee said...

Flight o' fancy...hmmmm...ONB!!! Try not to do anything that will harm ur future. Seeing him again WILL bring back memories because you're only human...

Have a blessed day girl!

Kpakpando said...

RUN FROM THE DEBIL

DonCasiragi said...

Okafors law of undiminishing returns in effect. Thank God for Okafor

Idemili said...

God punish Okafor. Run like the wind. Like the wind.

Naija Sapphire said...

ONB - hold bodi oh! Don't let him sweet talk you back. This one that your heart is already skipping just by hearing his voice. It's almost like he's your kryptonite.

Nilla said...

Hmmmm @ flight of fancy!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Meanwhile did you see my comment on your previous post about youtube?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

this is serious. ok i'll wait for the rest of the story. I will be waiting.

beautyinbaltimore said...

Just don't do anything stupid, remember you have a good boyfriend at home.

Anonymous said...

This guy has jerk arse tatooted on his forehead .........

So you know what to do.

Elle Woods said...

lol @ soulful sista.....no be fine we go chop now.
This is how it starts oh...just take it easy....always remember your safe haven.

Naijalove said...

girl he's 419 sha!! I think u like the JW part of him, kinda makes him untouchable, and we all love stuff like that!!
hehe I finally updated!!

Diary of a Mad Soulful Sista said...

so, was he at de parry???
i didnt even do ma amebo reach dat side... totally forgot to check... so tell me... was he at da parry???

Nyemoni said...

Post something Already LEGS!!!!!!!! It's already Monday AM in 9ja!

Mrs Somebody said...

i don't beleive in 'blast from the past'......it reminds me of a pig going back to it's own vomit.my opinion though.ONB's blast from the past could be different.