Friday, March 23, 2007

Last Night

I spoke to my mommy on wednesday night... apparently she hadn't gone to work during the day because she hadn't been feeling well... but she said she'd be fine... nothing a little advil and benylin couldn't take care of... minor cough, fever, headache

I was at my friend's house braiding my hair on thursday night and checked my voicemail at night... apparently she'd been rushed into the emergency ward a few hours after we'd spoken... she only left me that message because she didn't want me to worry... she just wanted me to know where she was in case i tried to reach her

I rushed over to the hospital immediately... i was so scared... crying because i'd been trying to reach my mommy on her cellphone and i couldn't.

The emergency ward conjured up so many horrible images... which I won't even write out... cos then they seem even more real.

I waited and waited in the registration area, sanitized my hands like they asked me to... saw other people in various states of 'emergencies' before I could see my mommy... and my panic grew... some friends did call me to tell me she'd be ok...

They ushered me into emergency room 1 to see her... Immediately i saw her lying on the bed with so many drips and stuff inserted in her... i started crying... she woke up instantly and i ran and hugged her... and we both cried

She told me i shouldn't have come all the way down since i live quite far from there... even if i was in another province... i'd come out... this is my mommy... my heart... i couldn't stop crying... we'd talked the night before and she was alright... but now she was in an ugly hospital gown, her face was bloated, the place smelt of so many different drugs... she had so many bandages on her from blood that they'd taken and drips that they'd put in... my first time in an emergency ward... to see my mom no less...

I calmed down after a while... when I realized she wasn't *****. She felt a lot better... an ambulance had brought her in because she'd called them in horrible pain... she'd been lying on her bed trying to sleep... and couldn't... when a sharp piercing pain started in her lower belly. Apparently she couldn't even stand up... and was rolling on the floor screaming... till she called them...

They'd run ultrasounds, mcats and various other tests on my mommy while i was busy braiding my hair... something about a cyst... a ruptured blood vessel... she had internal bleeding...

There were two options... surgery to 'correct' it or she was to 'leave be' and with time it would heal. My mommy has had two ceasarian operations and one fibroid surgery as well... the doctor even joked that her stomach was like a railway track... she opted not to have surgery.

She was feeling 70% better by the time I got there... there was no searing pain in her lower abdomen... but she still felt it a little... walking was a little hard for her... she was weak... but they said she'd be fine.

They transferred her out of emergency to a ward because the doctor wanted to monitor her progress over the night... they said they'd probably release her this morning... I wasn't allowed to sleep there... in the chair by my mommy... 'hospital rules'. So I stayed the longest I could there, and then went to sleep at my family home. I'm to call around 10am and see whats going on... if she's better, they'll discharge her.

I really hope she is.

Update: She came home today... she's feeling much better... a little weak but nothing that some prescription, a little rest and a lot of prayers won't take care of. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and well wishes. I'm so happy...

64 comments:

Mari said...

Oh gosh dear. Don't worry your head off, your mum will be fine. Thank God she was able to call 911 to come get her.

Try and be positive especially for her. I hope she gets released today, then u can spend the weekend at home to help her get back on her feet as soon as she can.

Sorry, luv. It'll be fine.

BabsBETA said...

Relax ONB, God's watching over her. It'll be 10a.m. soon and I pray they'll just discharge her.

Anonymous said...

oh my God,i cant believe im the first.
its such a nice feeling cos this is the first time i'll be the first to leave a comment.
your mum is well in Jesus name. i'll be praying for her and i know God will grant her quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

ndo...o ga dicha mma. Your mums will be well. Amen!

Anonymous said...

i pray your mother gets better soon...

Jibike said...

so sorry to hear about your mum.

was scared shitless when i read this. i am sure she'll be fine.

i guess we should all thank God for good health - there's the tendency to take that for granted.

take it easy o, OWNB, it is well

cheers

Just Thinking Out Loud! said...

Your mom will do great by God's grace. Like the molue stickers in Nyja says (and it's very true), "Relax, God is in control." I pray all you will hear is good news in Jesus' precious name.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ONB, pele oh! God will keep your mother well and will grant her the healing we all wish and pray for her. Please take it easy, oh. You know you have to always stay strong and she probably doesn't want to see you break down. Please be strong and remember that we are praying for your family. God is most definitely in control. Amen.

bimbylads said...

hey chick.. mummy will be fine.. dont worry yourself ok.. God is watching as always. Amen! SMILE :)

My Heart said...

Don't worry dear. It is well. God is in absolute control.

Naijadude said...

Omg! She is doing good in Jesus' Name. By His stripes she is healed, no need to worry because Jesus never leaves nor forsake her. She is strong as ever.

Be calm and dont escalate the issue my idea cos she's doing fine by His grace

omohemi Benson said...

Don't worry love,
Your mum will be fine.
I know it is hard not to worry.
But smile,pray and be strong for her.

You will both be fine and be together for a long time ok.

Freaky Deaky said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully, she's already at home and feeling much better.

mba5 said...

I know the feeling. I hope you mum gets well. I know she will. God bless her.

Nilla said...

Dearie,

Your Mum will be fine in Jesus name - Amen!

Take care.

LittleGirlLost said...

I hope your mum gets better soon.

Idemili said...

God! I do hope she's alright.

Our prayers are with her for a speedy recovery.

Take care.

Soul said...

Bloody hell Aburo.
I'm sending you warm thoughts and love. expect a call from me shortly.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Wow, Overwhelmed, I know you must have been very afraid. I hope and I pray that your Mom feels better.

DD said...

The thought of anything happening to my parents ... is, unnerving. Very.

I am sorry you had such a scare. And glad your mother is doing better already.

Remain blessed hon xx

Waffarian said...

Oh dear! Hope she's better and home now! Take care!

damsel in the desert said...

Stay strong girl. I pray for God to heal her! Blessings

LondonBuki said...

Hey ONB
Just seeing this.
Thank God your Mummy is better.
So sorry you had to go through that.
I am sending you London/Nigerian hugs and kisses... EXTRA SPECIAL.
And to your Mummy too.

Take care and keep on thanking God that she is well.

x

LondonBuki said...

She is well....

laspapi said...

glad she's better, Storm. You be strong too.

chainreader said...

Wow! I just saw this. Thank God your mum is better. That must have been some really scary stuff. I'll say a prayer still.

She'll be good, don't worry.

Tayo said...

Thank God she's alright now. Stay strong...

Jaycee said...

Thank God your mum is feeling better now. God is good...

Its alright babes!!!

Make sure u have a great weekend ok?

Justme said...

as soon as i read up to the 3rd paragraph, i couldnt wait........i scrolled down immediately to the end. Thank God she's fine, my heart was beating so fast, even though we have never met or talked on the phone, i know how much your mum means to you. God be with you

Favoured Girl said...

You must have been so worried. Thank God your mum is feeling much better now.

Kafo said...

blessing of Abramham
she will live and not die
she will live and not die

take am easy ooo

kulutempa said...

so sorry about your mom. i know what it's like to walk into a hospital and see the woman who gave you life looking like she could lose hers any moment. i'm glad she feels better, and i hope you do too.

doragon said...

I'm glad your mom is back home. Hoping she gets well soon. God Bless.

jadedKiss said...

aww sweetie... glad to know she's okay.

BOBBY said...

I can only imagine what you are going through. Your mom will be well in Jesus name!

There were times when i was in College and i would phone my mom, and she wouldnt pick up and i would begin to assume the worst and start crying and totally fall apart.

It is well...

By the grace of God, Our mothers will be great grand mothers before they go anywhere...

Muah and a sisterly hug to you.

Beyond said...

Thank God she is ok.
have a great week ahead.

Yosh said...

Good to hear she's fairing better now. I'm late. Kind thoughts, all the same.

Mocha said...

OMG! Thank God for His Goodness..I'm so happy your mummy is fine..
Ndo o..take it easy and dont worry abt it..God has your back always..
Kiss your mum for me and tell her not to scare us like that again o!..lol..
I'm glad for you sweetie.

UnNaked Soul said...

am glad she's fine now... pele

eyecandy said...

Am glad your mummy is okay. I pray that she heals nicely.

omohemi Benson said...

Yay! So glad to hear your mom is doing well.

Be cool love.

londonnaijachic said...

sorry sweeie!Are healing is complete in jesus name.Amen.Take good care of you and mom

Daddy's Girl said...

Thank God she's feeling better. Best wishes to her.

temmy tayo said...

Dont worry ur preety head dearie.

All will be well.

Kpakpando said...

OWNB, don't worry about momsie nne, not only will she get better, she'll be better than before.

Poetic Justice said...

Ndo oh! Hope mommy feels better. My mother had an ovarian Cyst but she had an operation. Thank God she called 911 oh!

mphae said...

i'm glad you're mom is okay!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I just saw this, Im sorry for being a tad late. Im glad to hear that your mum is home and well. I pray for speedy recovery. Take care lurvi.

In Her Mind said...

i'm back! :S

Vanilla said...

Hi Girl

Hope Mum is feeling much better

Take care of you and Fire too

Blessings

Nilla said...

Glad she's fine now... Later girl.
Have a wonderful week!

boorish male said...

Stay positive my dear, it will all be fine.

Noni Moss said...

Hey - just read this - hope you're ok - glad she's doing ok! Pele- that must have bene really traumatic. :-) Take it easy oh. Have a good week.

Waffarian said...

What's up babe? how's your mum doing?

In my head and around me said...

I hope she's doing much better now. Let us know as soon as you can. You'll be in my thoughts.

Surviving with Truth said...

i hope shes doing much better. an internal bleeding can be fatal- thank God shes okay

zaiprincesa said...

ee ya... Hope ur mummy feels better babes.

9jamommy said...

Sorry to hear that, I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. Take care of mommy and don't stress too much, all will be fine..

Calabar Gal said...

Your mommy is healed beautifully and wonderfully in Jesus name, AMEN.

chika said...

just read the post about your mum.glad she's back home and feeling a lot better.not to worry dear,all is well!

chioma said...

Thank God she's ok. I am sure that must have been really scary..Its well tell her your blog family send their best wishes.

Naija Vixen said...

Thank God mumsie is better now...God is all ya'll's strength

Vickii said...

I'm only just reading this but I'm really glad your mum is out of any danger and back home.

Naija Sapphire said...

See what school has done to me. I've been so out of it. ONB, thank God she's okay. I'm happy for that.