Friday, February 02, 2007

My February

I’m turning 21 in exactly 5 days from now. Yes. On February 07, 2007, your beloved friend, lover and daughter Overwhelmed Naija Babe turns the magic 21!!! I’m pretty happy with the direction my life is going right now. I only have a few regrets. There are a few things I always wanted to accomplish before I finally crossed the bridge and became an ‘adult adult’:

1. Finishing more than half a meal and then telling the waitress it tasted like Chinese soap.

2. Calling a cab company to ask for the flat rate for a ride back to Africa- Nigeria to be exact.

3. Going to a high class Spanish restaurant and ordering ‘vegetarian water’

4. Going into my local blockbuster to request an autographed copy of the award- winning Nollywood Movie “Mr. Ibu”

5. Buying a new novel and reading the pages with only odd numbers.

6. Prank Calling a professor in Igbo

7. Going into a tattoo parlor and tell them I want a picture of a rainbow tattoed on my brain so I can think ‘happier thoughts’.

8. Call my local radio station to request the Awilo Longomba soukous classic “Coupe Bibamba”.

9. Call Pizza Pizza and order ‘goat wings’… and get incensed by their apparent discrimination when they offer ‘buffalo wings’ but not ‘goat wings’

10. Write to Martha Stewart requesting a recipe for making ‘ogbono soup’.


Considering I have only 5 days to accomplish these things… chances are I might not have the time… what a bummer!!! After 21… I gotta be all mature and shit… NOT! lol


On a brighter note, here are some other


Important February Dates:

February 02, 2007: My little step-sister Chet’s 7th birthday… I last saw her when she was 1 and just started walking. I miss her

February 07, 2007: My Birthday… I turn 21… I can party in the states now… yay!!!

February 11, 2007: My 9 Month Anniversary with the boyfriend

My dad’s ex-wife’s daughter CC’s 14th birthday (I still think of them as stepsisters even though our parents aren’t together anymore.)

My friend Angela’s “25th” Birthday

February 13, 2007: My 5 years in Canada Anniversary

My dad’s ex-wife’s daughter VA’s 17th birthday

February 14, 2007: Valentine’s Day (I have a feeling me and the boyfriend will still be together then unlike all the other dudes)

February 21, 2007: My boyfriend’s going on a two week trip to Jamaica for his sister’s wedding.

February 28, 2007: My dad’s ex-wife’s daughter HM’s 12th birthday

Here’s a happy February to all the people in my life… including my blog family.

38 comments:

Belle said...

happy impending birthday :)

**mine is on feb 28th...can't wait!

Freaky Deaky said...

LOL @ the regrets. You can still accomplish those things if you get on the ball and start now.

Leave the fast food people alone. You're either going to make someone's day with tales of the crazy chick getting indignant over "goat wings" or you're going to be the crazy chick that makes them realize fast food isn't the life for them.

Wow, your dad has a propensity for making February babies. LOL!

Have a great weekend.

exschoolnerd said...

Happy b.day in advance.would be sure to holla.

lol..at asking for signed copy of mr ibu...lol

chainreader said...

and a happy febuary to you too.

all my sibs were born in febuary, all except me.

and i couldn't help but notice your dad's kids tend to pop out in febuary. is there some special formula or timetable he uses?

ps. you've still got a lot of time to work on those things left undone. i vote for the goat wings!

Confessions of a moody crab said...

Happy birthday in advance, babe!! My dad is turning 50 this month so I will be celebrating as well! Yay!! Even more interesting, I will be going to 9ja for 2 nights, just for one of the parties. Anyway, have fun babe and send my cake over *winks*

Gridl0ck said...

U are indeed a prankster. And it sounds like you have February really going for you. Happy birthday in advance!

Life through rose-tinted glasses said...

wow and my birthday is on the 9th sooooo lol happy birthday in advance my close friend's birthday is also on th 7th...up aquarius..x

Naijadude said...

LOL..this girl , you are just an absolute mess, in a funny way that is ... LOL

Happy Birthday in advance oh! counting down the days!!

Discombobulated Diva said...

some of those things on your to do list are hilarious... u still have time to do them and beside u don't have to be all serious with life til you're 25 (at least that's the rule i'm living by :-))...

Happy (early) 21th girl!! any big plans for your birthday yet???

congrats on 9 months with your bf as well...

~DD

Queen Ebong said...

Happy Birthday in advance Overwhelmed.

We will throw u a blogosphere party. lol

omohemi Benson said...

Happy Birthday in advance love,
Come, who says you can't achieve all those things 5 days! lol.

21st parties are always off the hinges o,so make sure you have a mad one at blogsville.

Elle Woods said...

Plss...you gotta prank cal la prof in igbo...pls.....do it for me and tape it.

babzent said...

Happy Bday in advance o. May the new year u're stepping to be your best so far. I pray it'd be one of less troubles too...
Please let us know how ur prank call on ur prof goes, reminds me of the scene in bringin down d house when Martin had to speak chinnese or what on a 911 call.

Maiden Voyage said...

You have to at least go into your local blockbuster "to request an autographed copy of the award- winning Nollywood Movie “Mr. Ibu”
Let me know how it goes..LOL!!


I will send birthday wishes on your actual birthday, so until then enjoy being 20 coz you're in for a helluva ride for the rest of the journey. 21 is the beginning of the great exploration - tis the only way to transcend.

tiwalade said...

Happy Birthday in advance girl!

sista you are getting old oh!...LOl you have to really act all mature and be responsible and stuff. So not fun! make sure you have a blast in your remaining days as a 20 yr old! You have to at least try to finish all the stuff in your list.No excuses!you have 5 days to prove what you are made of to us...okay?!

OmoIbadan said...

It was texazzpete's birthday today, My lovely Sister's will be on the 9th, Obla on the 5th, Londonnaijachic's on the the 23rd...in short February people just pack a punch ni sha...

Oracle said...

Happy birthday in advance, i know how you feel.
Itz great to know that you're not as small as people think you are.

Naija Sapphire said...

Happy birthday in advance! I wish you the best. With your regrets, you have just proven that you are a very different kind of human, lol. Cool and funny though. I wanna see you hail a cab to naija.

azuka said...

Now that's the way to inform us of a birthday. Not making a list like some people I know ;-).

Mamarita said...

Oh my goodness, I so want to call PIZZA PIZZA and ask for goat wings in a dramatically "african accent" and I so want to ask Z103.5 to play Awilo Logomba on a saturday afternoon...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Can we pls pls pls......:)

*mofope* said...

Happy birthday in advance.
I suggest that u don't try to accomplish any of those things otherwise u might spend ur birthday either in the hospital or in a room with padded walls

Nigerican said...

Happy Early birthday, but excuse me u left out Feb 18th that's MY BIRTHDAY. Gosh i thot u where my blogger buddy *Tear*

temmy tayo said...

Happy Birthday in Advance jare.

LOl @ Calling a cab company to ask for the flat rate for a ride back to Africa- Nigeria to be exact. This post lifted my sour mood today.

Nilla said...

lol @ all the silly things you wanted to accomplish before 21 :-)

Happy February to you tooo!!

Favoured Girl said...

You've got some time before you become an "adult". Those things on your list are crazy though what do I expect from Overwhelmed. Hope you have a lovely birthday. Are you having a party to celebrate? I trust that you have picked out your outfit already.... Let us know how it goes!

nosa101 said...

ermmm.........Feb 16 is my birthday.....ADD IT NOW!!

LonelierThanAkon said...

Martha Stewart + ogbono soup = Sudden fit of fierce diarrhea.

I’ve got no more ass.

I laughed it all off!

Fab post.

Jaycee said...

Happy february love...

Its gonna be great this month, I can feel it...

Happy birthday in advance, are u cooking ogbono soup for us?

In my head and around me said...

Happpy birthday in advance.

LOL @ the things you want to acheive.

jadedKiss said...

heyyy babe!!!!!!!!
miss u miss u miss u miss frikkin blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i moved my link now i can't find it! and i'd updated it oh. feel abit dumb.. lol.
happy birthday in advance

mack said...

happy birthday... you have one busy february I must add.

Kafo said...

okay i am officially happy
not because you are turning 21 but finally a naija blogger who can write in programming jargon.
Omo two thumbs up any day and twice on the day of a software A&D final.
21 is not bad just find a friend who is mad over that age (26+) but still a bum and u should be fine :) LOL

yellow ibo girl said...

happy birthday dear!! XX

Uzo said...

Happy bday in case i dont make it to your blog on the day. These regrets are interesting..Let me know how they go especially the goat wings..LOL

UnNaked Soul said...

i dey come chop fufu and ohala soup oh... I don set reminder, so no f-up oh... LOL

UnNaked Soul said...

and i forget, stack the makosa CDs, one by one we shall dance evrything... LOL

Daddy's Girl said...

LOL... that was funny!! 21 is a milestone so make sure you enjoy it!

You forgot one important Feb date - my birthday on the 17th. LOL

koketso said...

I love your blog. This is the first time I leave a comment but I read all the time. I love it because its original and because you are just you. Happy Birthday in advance and continue to be nobody else but YOU.