Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Angry

I have been angry for a few days… I’ve been angry since December 09, 2006… 23 days to be exact.

I never yelled or screamed but it’s been coming out in little spurts. I’ve snapped at my boyfriend, been short with people around me… I haven’t really been in the mood to talk to most friends. Recently, things have begun to get on my nerves and I’ve started snapping at the stupidest things.

I was angry a week ago, two days ago, this afternoon… I’m angry this minute!!!

The whole time I thought the people or the situations were annoying, but now I know better… Now I know why I’ve been so angry… I think I lost my Best Friend

I met her by her locker in high school almost 5 years ago. I was new to Canada, new to the school, new to my mother… new to my ’10-extra-pounds-weighing’ body and ‘Canadian-winter-messed-up-my-long-hair-so-I-had-to-take-it-all-off’ lowcut. She was funny, nice and very engaging. Everytime I felt weird cos my hair was short and I had gained a little weight, she told me I was beautiful and bigger tits were all the rage that winter. I loved her cos I was able to give her confidence about her issues as well. People gave her a hard time cos she had an African accent and the biggest ass in school. We were each others everything… muse, confidante, sister, friend… just everything. We found laughs, poutines, boyfriends, mini skirts and piercings together. We talked about everything from nail polish to Jennifer Lopez to our family lives. There was never any competition between us for looks, guys or anything.

Cut To Years Later:
I felt exactly the same way about her.
Even though my hair had grown out and I’d lost the pounds, I still felt like she was the same girl I met by the locker and I loved her the same if not more.

Until A Few Months Ago:
See we’d always told each other that we’d be best friends forever. I knew she had a lot of pride so whenever we argued, I always called back. She obviously found her own way to deal with my own flaws too… our relationship worked on so many different levels. We would never let a guy come between us… if we both liked the same guy… we’d both drop him or the other one could have him. However, we knew we’d probably never run into that problem though because we always told each other everything about every guy… so the other person wouldn’t even go for him after a first date or first phone conversation. End of Story. See another thing we’d always done in all the time we’d known each other was make sure the other friend approved… Before she dated anyone I had to talk to him, see him and give her my opinion. Likewise.

Then My Boyfriend Came Along (To Be Continued)

28 comments:

azuka said...

So you had to end it when we got to a crescendo.

Hurry up and continue, jo!

Anonymous said...

I agree with azuka.. please do continue

Anonymous said...

This is sooo sad.
I feel your pain though, its so hard when u feel like u r losing a friend.
Please continue and hope u guys can work it out!

chainreader said...

you seem to be going through a lot right now. losing a friend, a true friend is one of the most painful experiences ever. hope you guys can work it out, i really do.

PS. how could you hang the story there? eh?

Favoured Girl said...

Awww, I can imagine the hurt and disappointment you are feeling...

Complete the story!

Biodun said...

Sucks when friendship goes thru drama like this, wot exactly went wrong n dont rule her out of ur books just yet. I am angry too @ d moment n have been since yesterday, am too upset to even blog about it just yet!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Azuka: lol… abeg Azuka don’t try to confuse me with your big big grammer this 2007… crescendo ko… tangent ni… lol… It’s been hard for me to write this… but I’ll try to finish it off ASAP

@Elle: lol… I will… how you doing luv? In fact I have to go on your blog and see wassup over there

@Bella Naija: you don’t even know the half of it… it hurts so much and it pisses me off at the same time… I didn’t know until 2 days ago why I’d been mad for 3 weeks… it’s been that bad… I don’t know if we could work it out or not cos she’s broken something in me that I don’t know if she could fix again

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@chainreader: I don’t know if we can work it out… I don’t know if it’ll ever be the same… babe I’m hurting really bad… and there’s anger simmering right under the surface… we’ll see what the new year brings. You’ll understand everything by the time I’m done part 2. Happy New year gorgeous

@Favoured Girl: lmao… I go complete oh mami… how was your weekend luv? You know you’ll always be Tp to me sha!

@Biodun: Heya… sorry oh babe… I can’t wait to read about what you’re going through cos it sucks terribly when you’re disappointed by the closest friends… people who really should know better. I guess such is life… live and learn right? Happy New year beautiful

Anonymous said...

Sorry babe. We don't need you angry this new year..

I almost can't wait to read the part 2 of the story...lol

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Nilla: I really though it’d be gone by 11.59pm on December 31, 2006, but no such luck, so I decided to write about it and see if it got any better or easier to deal with. I really hope so… for my sake… Happy New Year Hun

Anonymous said...

losing a friend is hard... but sometimes it's best to just move on...

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Belle: I think that’s exactly what I’m going to do… it’s what I’m trying to do…

Confessions of a moody crab said...

Hmmmm...I can understand how you feel cos I went thru/still going thru similar experince...In my own case, I have learnt that communication is the key but that does not lessen the anger or pain.

Btw, y you dey give us half-chop,eh? Abeg come finish the story...lol

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@confessions of a moody crab: Communication huh? I’ve tried that… It doesn’t seem to have worked… and maybe I’m just tired of trying you know… I guess I might just have to let sleeping dogs lie… lol… I go finish the gist ASAP

Anonymous said...

I missed my ONB, Happy Newyear.Not sure of the whole story cus u stopped so abruptly (very rude btw),but i kinda felt i had lost my best friend of 15yrs a while back and because of some stupid dude. But geuss what, because of how close we are and how much we love and respect each other , we where able to salvage our relationship. If u guys both cherish u're friendship equally ,u will both fight to keep it together.

yankeenaijachick said...

Eh yah, long time girl. Happy New Year. What's making my girl loose her mind? Girl, just be strong. You have a friend in me. Stay blessed.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Nigerican: I missed you too oh babe… Happy New Year… I hope all your dreams come true in 2007. My dear I’m trying to tell the whole story but it’s long and it’s painful and it’s hard to talk about… I’m not really sure if and what we can salvage… I’m still thinking things through and we’ll see what happens eventually! I hope you had fun in the holidays and abeg oh babe.. update your page… I don go there and I still haven’t found anything!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@yankeenaijachick: Happy New year to you too angel. My dear na friendship dey make me so! Thanks for the friendship and the well wishes… I really appreciate. Remain blessed too and have a great week babe!

reen said...

happy new year overwhelmed! omg i missed so much,need to catch up lol....pls continue the story

Anonymous said...

I am psychic I know who the friend is! Well its the New Year hun! you just have to do what you see deem fit, but stay beautiful as ever you know I love u eating some poutine and pasta and loving some KEM shld be ur New Year resolution....

Ineka said...

Happy new year babe.
Come back and finish this jist first of all...
Hmmm..is it Naijadyme?

Anonymous said...

@overwhelmed Naija babe, i'm doing good hun.. yes pls do stop by we'll have blast.. ;)

Anonymous said...

that's a hard situation... u never want to lose a good friend, especially over a guy, but sometimes friends grow apart, trust me I know... i've had this friend I've known since 3rd grade (when we were 8 yrs old)and we were as tight as can be thru high school... but somewhere in our early 20s we started growing in different directions, we're still good friends and still talk quite often... but I had to accept that we weren't best friends anymore, but i know she's always there for me and we do still spend time together...
i just realized its all aprat of growing up.... best of luck with this situation...
~DD

Anonymous said...

ouch.....

give us the full gist and maybe we can just help save your love life and your friendship.... remember, a problem shared is a problem 1/4 solved...

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@reen: Hey babe wassup… Happy New year… I don miss your voice for here sha… but welcome back!!! You definitely have a lot to catch up on sha… how were your holidays? Hope you had tons of fun… I still dey wait my Christmas and new year gifts oh!

@Naijadude: lol… you know eh? Ewwww@loving Kem… even if you paid me… I refuse to!!! Now poutine and pasta I could definitely do… make I go your blog self see whether you don update cos I know you were too busy having fun during the break! And I hope you have my gift ready for me oh cos me I don’t play about that!!! We should go and see pursuit of happiness or something!

@Ineka: Happy New year to you too angel… how were your holidays? My dear I’ve put another part up but unfortunately I wasn’t able to finish it cos the tori too long jare… this is almost 5 years of friendship. No It’s not Naijadyme… it’s another best friend… I don’t even know if I should call her that or if we’re not even best friends anymore… I mean current events would say we’re not… but I guess sometimes we want to hang on for a little while longer!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Elle: Good stuff… I’m on your page right now… you’re a fantastic writer… yes I do think we’ll have a blast.. and you definitely have to tell me more about your film awards… that’s mad talent!

@Discombobulated Diva: I guess that might be what it is… growing in different directions… this is painful cos we don’t even talk at all anymore… but I guess things happen right? I’m honestly just trying to process stuff and figure out what’s best for me and what works for me. By the way: GROWING UP SUCKS!!!! Lol. Happy New Year luv

Vera Ezimora said...

Sweetie, I'm still confused. Are we talkin bout Naijadyme or some1 else?

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Vera Ezimora: No… it’s not Naijadyme… it’s another best friend.