Sunday, December 31, 2006

My 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Such fantastic sex with a fantastic person in such fantastic positions
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never really make resolutions... I figure out what I want for the year as I go along
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? Some of my pain did……
5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Everything that’s meant for me… More of what I already have….
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The 11th of every month (our anniversary), December 9th (she knew how much I love her and how much she meant to me but she turned her back on our friendship… it still hurts)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I read more books, sang more songs, wrote poetry, cried, and even laughed more. I’ve learnt to trust more, that it’s okay to let go. I started blogging and this gave me a forum to open up about a lot of pain from my past and some issues that I continue to deal with. Blogger has shown me people like me who dream big dreams, people that deal with family and personal stuff, people that don’t judge me, people that see the truth.
9. What was your biggest failure? Losing one of my best friends… I tried but I guess the dynamics of our friendship had changed a while ago and I tried to ignore that….it still hurts really bad
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Food poisoning on boxing day… I’m still recovering…. I’ve never had such terrible fever, migraines and stomach aches in my life…. I hope there’s no permanent damage cos I’ve been feeling crappy for almost a week.
11. What was the best thing you bought in 06? Black Nail Polish
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Naijadyme…. I love her the same as I did 5 years ago… she’s my truth! Naijadude…. He’s come so far this year it’s unbelievable… he makes me think everything’s possible.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I’ll talk about it next year…. It was so unexpected I still don’t even know where to start
14. Where did most of your money go? Regular girl stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Every thing at the same time…. I’ve gotten excited over the shape of my thighs, the curve of my breast, the length of my fingers, the taste of his kiss, the sound of her laugh. I’ve been excited when they tickle me, when I drank hot chocolate and laughed with my best friend. I’ve always been excited about life.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Christina Aguilera’s “Hurt” and “Save Me From Myself”, Robin Thicke’s “Lost without you”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? My tits are a cupsize smaller!!!
iii. richer or poorer? Practically broke
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Bought even one pair of flat shoes
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating Cheese
20. Did you fall in love in 2006? I might be taking that plunge in 2007.
21. Did you get your heart broken in 2006? I've never really had my heart broken cos I never gave it out prior this
22. Did your behaviour change over the year? The only thing constant is change...
23. How many one-night stands? R technically wasn’t a one-night stand. We’d been talking for months before we did it…. But since I didn’t want to take it further and there was never a repeat performance… why do I have a funny feeling that’s what you mean by a one night stand?!24. What was your favorite TV program? I have I have no tv on residence so I write.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time lastyear? There are people I don’t like anymore… but hate…. no
25. What was the best book you read? Can’t remember. I love books about rich and beautiful people, artists, glitz, glamour… actually I read anything but those ghetto books that are not ‘color-purple-esque’
26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery? Anita Baker
27. What did you want and get? I was never looking for it but now that I have it… can’t imagine time without it… His love
28. What did you want and not get? Yellow, Baby Blue and Orange Stilettos (they’re nowhere to be found)
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Dreamgirls
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I can’t really remember… I think different people took me on different dates….
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A free year supply of light brown curly weaves cos I’m beginning to realize how much I’m spending on this stuff
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?Less cluttered/ frilly… I’ve basically evolved into a simple shirt, skinny jeans and stilettos kind of girl.
33. What kept you sane? The light from God and those around me
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Robin Thicke’s voice, Jennifer Lopez’s clothes, Victoria Beckham's shoes, Nicole Richie's Bags, Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds(yes I'm exactly the sort of girl that'd wear diamonds with jeans), Stephen Colbert’s Humour, my best friend’s laugh, my boyfriend’s hug.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Obasanjo
36. Who did you miss? Different people at different intervals
37. Who was the best new person you met? They know themselves… and how I feel about them both in my ‘real’ and ‘blog’ life
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: When you think you have it all figured out, life will surprise you.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year… “I never want to be so afraid to fail that I don’t even try” by Dido

20 comments:

k_batti said...

hey, I just got a free $5000.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $5000 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

Anonymous said...

wow, seems like you had a hell of a year.
Permit me to say it was a perfect year for you- you lived life to the full, lessons learnt and happiness gained, experiences, blogging.. you had the exact balance you needed to fully appreciate life enough to anticipate the future with an open and expectant heart..

I had such an average year. or no, maybe i just haven't reviewed it well enough.
I jus wanna say though, blogging has been fun fun fun and that's one major thing that came into my life this year.

once again, have a fantastic double-oh-seven, and say hey to the hubby and mummy for me.
muah!!

Anonymous said...

and hey, i woulda been first if not for that scammer comment. No fair!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun year. 2006 was a great year, had a lot to cry about but a lot more to laugh about. I did a bunch of crazy things looking back and hey, not one single regret so far. Take care and may 2007 come with bundles of good tidings.

azuka said...

Wow. Everyone seems to be doing this. I'm lucky it's not a tag that'll give me some homework.

Sorry to hear about the boxing day food poisoning.

chainreader said...

am in stitches about the food poisoning episode. i know it's not supposed to be funny, but.......... tehehehehe. ok, sorry. i no laugh again.

2006 seemed to be rather eventful for you. hope 2007 brings less pain, more joys, and deeper healing.

you love Robin Thicke's voice? nobody understood me when i said i loved "lost without you". i think it is THE sexiest song of 2006.

yekai886 said...

hey, I just got a free $5000.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $5000 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

UnNaked Soul said...

rawk on babe!!! BE! just BE!!!

one luv!

Vera Ezimora said...

Overwhelmed... my one & only nwunye di. Ke kwa'n?

I'm glad you had a wonderful year. Is there any chance u can make a video of those sex moves u talked about? LOL

Happy New Year gal!

Anonymous said...

@ yellow, babyblue and orange stilletos, I have Yellow, blue and green. I got them from Fredericksofhollywood. I hope you are feeling better, food poisoning is a b***h.. I had that early this yr and it was not fun...
Have an awesome New year..
xxxoooxxx
zee

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast this year, babe! May 2007 bring more love, smile, laughter and peace in you life and that of your family!

Have a wonderful and very prosperous 2007,x.

Calabar Gal said...

Hiya OWNB!! Reading this particular post has been a little bit difficult for me. The blue font in ur page makes it a little bit difficult to read ur post. The red font is ok. Is anyone else having the same problem or is it only me? Could you please change the blue font to some other more legible colour?

Babes - better enable word verification fast as in ASAP!! The posts from k_batti and yekai886 I suspect are either spam or viruses.

Happy New YEar!!!

TaureanMinx said...

Happy New Year Girl!! Congrats on your award.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year babe! Sounds like you had a very eventful year in 2006. Here's wishing you more love and peace in 2007. I hope you won't be overwhelmed this year!

(sorry about the name change... lol)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great year. At least the fantasic sex part was true about my year too. stay safe babes.

Anonymous said...

happy new year... Sound like you one heck of a year... hope '07 is nice to ya..

Anonymous said...

my cybersis is a winner!
You're officially the most scandalous blogger.. ..
congratulations sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I echo Jadedkiss. One eventful year...

Jem said...

lol, i see yet again some more of the relections questions going on. Nice ...

Uzo said...

ONB: I want all Robin thick's stuff. Can u send it to me using www.yousendit.com?

Cheers darling