1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Such fantastic sex with a fantastic person in such fantastic positions
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never really make resolutions... I figure out what I want for the year as I go along
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? Some of my pain did……
5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Everything that’s meant for me… More of what I already have….
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The 11th of every month (our anniversary), December 9th (she knew how much I love her and how much she meant to me but she turned her back on our friendship… it still hurts)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I read more books, sang more songs, wrote poetry, cried, and even laughed more. I’ve learnt to trust more, that it’s okay to let go. I started blogging and this gave me a forum to open up about a lot of pain from my past and some issues that I continue to deal with. Blogger has shown me people like me who dream big dreams, people that deal with family and personal stuff, people that don’t judge me, people that see the truth.
9. What was your biggest failure? Losing one of my best friends… I tried but I guess the dynamics of our friendship had changed a while ago and I tried to ignore that….it still hurts really bad
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Food poisoning on boxing day… I’m still recovering…. I’ve never had such terrible fever, migraines and stomach aches in my life…. I hope there’s no permanent damage cos I’ve been feeling crappy for almost a week.
11. What was the best thing you bought in 06? Black Nail Polish
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Naijadyme…. I love her the same as I did 5 years ago… she’s my truth! Naijadude…. He’s come so far this year it’s unbelievable… he makes me think everything’s possible.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I’ll talk about it next year…. It was so unexpected I still don’t even know where to start
14. Where did most of your money go? Regular girl stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Every thing at the same time…. I’ve gotten excited over the shape of my thighs, the curve of my breast, the length of my fingers, the taste of his kiss, the sound of her laugh. I’ve been excited when they tickle me, when I drank hot chocolate and laughed with my best friend. I’ve always been excited about life.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Christina Aguilera’s “Hurt” and “Save Me From Myself”, Robin Thicke’s “Lost without you”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? My tits are a cupsize smaller!!!
iii. richer or poorer? Practically broke
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Bought even one pair of flat shoes
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating Cheese
20. Did you fall in love in 2006? I might be taking that plunge in 2007.
21. Did you get your heart broken in 2006? I've never really had my heart broken cos I never gave it out prior this
22. Did your behaviour change over the year? The only thing constant is change...
23. How many one-night stands? R technically wasn’t a one-night stand. We’d been talking for months before we did it…. But since I didn’t want to take it further and there was never a repeat performance… why do I have a funny feeling that’s what you mean by a one night stand?!24. What was your favorite TV program? I have I have no tv on residence so I write.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time lastyear? There are people I don’t like anymore… but hate…. no
25. What was the best book you read? Can’t remember. I love books about rich and beautiful people, artists, glitz, glamour… actually I read anything but those ghetto books that are not ‘color-purple-esque’
26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery? Anita Baker
27. What did you want and get? I was never looking for it but now that I have it… can’t imagine time without it… His love
28. What did you want and not get? Yellow, Baby Blue and Orange Stilettos (they’re nowhere to be found)
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Dreamgirls
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I can’t really remember… I think different people took me on different dates….
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A free year supply of light brown curly weaves cos I’m beginning to realize how much I’m spending on this stuff
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?Less cluttered/ frilly… I’ve basically evolved into a simple shirt, skinny jeans and stilettos kind of girl.
33. What kept you sane? The light from God and those around me
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Robin Thicke’s voice, Jennifer Lopez’s clothes, Victoria Beckham's shoes, Nicole Richie's Bags, Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds(yes I'm exactly the sort of girl that'd wear diamonds with jeans), Stephen Colbert’s Humour, my best friend’s laugh, my boyfriend’s hug.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Obasanjo
36. Who did you miss? Different people at different intervals
37. Who was the best new person you met? They know themselves… and how I feel about them both in my ‘real’ and ‘blog’ life
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: When you think you have it all figured out, life will surprise you.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year… “I never want to be so afraid to fail that I don’t even try” by Dido