Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mummy Sunday 7

Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers LondonBuki, this is my seventh Mummy Sunday post!!! This one is a prayer to the Lord above that He grant us all our heart desires during this festive season and after. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone… hope all your dreams come true and the new year brings even better things.

I Pray

I pray that my mom gets the contracts that she’s worked so hard for
She’s spent hours, days, weeks and months on them
She’s worked 10 hour days, slept 6 hour nights
God please let your grace shine on her and make things come through for her
{plus Lord you know that when she’s getting that… then I can ‘Tax’ her}

God please grant me the ability to be there for her always
You know I try but I’m only human
I try, but every once in a while I stumble and fall
Lord please pick me up… she’s everything to me

God please help my sister to be more understanding
Less Stubborn and more supportive
She’s a great girl but please help her see more clearly sometimes
Oh and please Lord touch her to stop taking my clothes

Lord please keep friends around my mom that can be there for her
Not fake friends… friends who want favours all the time, friends who want to see her fall

Just people who love and support her
You’ve kept her thus far… you’ve made things happen in her life and subsequently ours… Lord we’re too far gone to fail now!

Lord help us become better people
Let our family be exemplary
Let the world know that kids from a single home can and do turn out right
Lord let your light shine on us
Let the world know that girls are children too and don’t have ‘chicken brains’
Let them see your grace on us… let us be successful even beyond our wildest dreams

Lord send my mom a great man
Not a whiner, not a controller, not a miser, not a gambler, not a drinker, not a hitter
Just the right man

Someone who will see the genuine and beautiful woman she is
Someone that will look right into her heart and see what depth
Someone who can also help to heal some of the hurt, take away some of the pain, the anger
Actually Lord…. Do that yourself… you’re better at that than anyone else
Cleanse her Lord.
I mean she’s fine… but every once in a while I look into her eyes and I see the scarred soul

Heal her completely… wipe every tear from her eyes.

Lord send my mom:
A guy that doesn’t want her money… Just her
A guy that doesn’t want her status…. Just her
Someone honest, caring and kind
A guy that accepts her every flaw
A guy that makes her eyes light up
Someone that makes her laugh
Someone that my sister and I can’t intimidate

A guy that will kiss every wound, touch every scar
Someone to replace her memories
Someone who loves her ‘achi soup’ just as much as we do

A guy who’d rather have bad times with her than good times with anybody else
Someone who doesn’t want her to ‘make him a citizen’
Someone who doesn’t pretend to be single, but secretly maintains a family back home

Someone who’ll understand the reason she acts the way she does sometimes…the reason she finds it hard to trust, to believe… to hope


Lord please send her someone that will help her see, feel and taste the magic of love again!

I pray for peace in my heart
I pray that I be able to completely make peace with my past lord
I still have some issues you know… but with you… we can work something out right?

I pray for friends… new and old… bless them
May they continue to be there for me as I am for them
Help me to see the ones that love ME… not just a facet of me, not just a quirk of mine, not just my look, my sound, my ‘abilities’… ME

I pray for Orphans all around the world

Be their parent and help them understand that sometimes having no parent or one parent can sometimes be better than having both

I pray for LondonBuki’s mom… heal her.

All this and more I pray

{Don’t forget to go to TaureanMinx’s page and Vote for your favorite bloggers in the “Best Bloggers of the Year Awards”… the final decisions are made on Monday}

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am FIRST!!!

Woohoo!!!

YIPPEE!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at me - I am such a saddo! Still getting excited about being First!

Merry Xmas ONB and Amen Amen Amen, God will answer your prayers for your Mummy. The Man who comes into her life will be so good to her, sometimes you'd wish you were old enough to have him instead ;-)

Merry Xmas!

Merry Xmas to your Mummy and Family!

Amen to my Mummy's Healing!

God Bless You and your Family :-)

Patrice said...

I don't know if prayers actually work, but I do believe that the positive energy of the people moved by yours can only enrich your life and the lives of those you love. And that, surely, is a good thing. Happy Holidays, even if it will not be a white Christmas in TO this year.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Amen to your prayers...everything will happen as you desire according to God's Will

have a wonderful christmas

Anonymous said...

I'm begining to think Londonbuki has some radar blowing up everytime some one clicks the publish buttton. lol

Eiya, love the prayer for ure mom. May God hear them and may He answer them. Merry Christmas sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Amen to your prayers huni! Your mum is just so sweet and everly wonderful, I know I can "tax" her as well if she gets the contract.

But seriously, that was really good for you for such prayers and Amen to them all.....

Merry Xmas (how many times again sef?)

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

Have a blessed x-mas :)

Beautifully Human said...

I'm joining my prayers to yours and saying a big AMEN!!! Here's wishing you and your family a blessed Xmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry christmas, babe! And have a wonderful new year!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas dear cybersis.. Amen to all your prayers.
muah!

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas darling gal.

I know and believe that God will answer your prayers concerning your family.

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to you too. And amen. Stay blessed.

Anonymous said...

I pray for your mom, I pray that she finds love and a good companion, someone she can grow old with...its oh so necessary

Anonymous said...

I pray for your mom, I pray that she finds love and a good companion, someone she can grow old with...its oh so necessary

Anonymous said...

In vids, you mean, Doc?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone order[/url][/b]

NaijaBloke said...

And I say AMEN!!! to all ur prayers for ur family and Buki's Mum ...

Merry Xmas and pray Santa brings all the joy of xmas seasons to u and ur family.

Anonymous said...

AMEN to all your prayers girl!

Anonymous said...

awwwh that was touching.
amen to all that
if feels weird to be posting cos i have been a silent reader for so long
have a happy new year!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

stranger said...

she prays...that's a beautiful start OWNB...don't stop...you can bet HE was excited to hear those words and read your blog(ofcourse God reads...he invented it, and if you think he's too busy to read your blog, talk to the couple who had their wedding in Cana, Jesus wasn't too busy to party with them)

Calabar Gal said...

Merry Xmas to you, ur sis, mum and of course ur man!! Best wishes to you all for the New Year ahead!!! Cheers!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

ONB, as much as it hurts me 2 admit this (cause you're crazy et al), you and I have loadz in common. *sobs sobs*. Of all the normal people in Blogville, I had to have stuff in common wit u.

I pray God gives your mom what you have asked for. She deserves it and even much more. May 2007 be the beginning of a new beginning - Amen.

TP said...

I say AMEN to all your prayers, for yourself and your mum.

Here's to a wonderful year 2007!!

chainreader said...

......... and the congregation said, AMEN! and a resounding one at that.

may 2007 be the beginning of great things for you and your family.

hope you had a merry christmas.

@londonbuki, it's all right to be excited 'cos you were first. ONB always has the bestest gifts for the winners. hahahaa.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Vera Ezimora said...

come this girl, this blog better be updated next time I show up here o!

Anonymous said...

Nice site man! Very nicely done. I will be back!
- overwhelmednaijababe.blogspot.com 4
spaghetti alla carbonara