Friday, November 03, 2006

Step- Sister Mine

I love you Chet


I haven’t seen you in over 5 years, but

I still love you Chet


You were only 1 when I left

And I miss you Chet


I was there when you took your first step, grew your first tooth and spoke your first word

But I missed your first run, your first tooth-loss, your first sentence.


I don’t wash your diapers anymore

But I still miss your warm, cuddly baby scent.


I miss your eyes lighting up everytime you see me… your smile, your outstretched arms….


I miss your cute little walk and fall routine


I miss your beautiful bow-legs


I miss feeding you Cerelac and telling you what a heart-breaker you were gonna be


I don’t know what your favorite color is anymore,


I don’t know if you like Spongebob or Kermit the Frog


I don’t even know if they ever told you about me…

But I still love you


Even though my dad and your mom are no longer together….

You’re still my family


I know you already have your other step-sisters and maybe other new siblings….

But I really hope it’s not too late to make room for your big sister


Hopefully I’ll be there to buy you your first bra, to hear about your first kiss, and speak on the day of your engagement to ‘the one’.


Hopefully you’ll be there to buy my future daughter her first bra, hear about her first kiss, and speak on the day of her engagement to ‘the one’.


You and Med. School are the only reasons I looked back when I escaped Nigeria


I don’t know where you are right now….

But I’ll find you one day… I promise!!!


15 comments:

babe said...

You are for real making me miss my nephew in naij like crazy. Love it, love it. By the way, the fate of obumneme has been decided.

nosa101 said...

Hmmm I know an Obumneme

NaijaBloke said...

Nicely written .. hope u get in touch with her one day ...

Seriously whatz up with u and Bow leg?..LOL

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@babe:awwww...I know.. i miss my little step-sister so much...lol.. i'm going to read it right now.. that obumneme saga is just too too funny!!!

@nosa:lol... go to babe's page and you'll just die laughing forreal

@naijabloke: thanks babe.. i hope so too... lol... Ur beginning to notice my love for bow-legs eh? lol

jadedKiss said...

i don't know that i could eva miss washing diapers oh! lol. hope she's not all miss attitude in yo face now tho-puberty is a bitch.(@naija bloke: i don't get the bow legs thing either)

Belle said...

awwww i hope you find her...
dont worry... i understand the love for bow legs ;)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

This is a serious awww moment - I remember I left home when my baby brother was only 4 - he is now in his eraly teens and I still miss him - he is so sweet and intelligent and so awwwwwwwwww.

Naijadude said...

Awww, you are breaking my heart. You make me feel guilty about my relatives I chose to lose contact with.
I hope you get intouch with her some day!

Dont worry, I love ur bow legs just like that, even though they might look crooked, you still wanna compete with my height, homegirl I go fight you oh!
hahahha

Beautifully Human said...

very touching. I 'd really miss my baby sis if I was apart from her for that long. I hope you get in tough soon.

Beautifully Human said...

sorry meant to say 'in touch'

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@jadedKiss:lol… can’t say I miss washing diapers either oh..just my baby sister… lol… she’s almost 7 now sha… so I better hurry up and see her oh before this puberty thing happens… lol... no comment for your bow-leg comment!!!

@Belle: Amen @ finding her… yes mami.. u kno wassup!!! No mind JadedKiss and NaijaBloke!!!

@The Life of a Stranger: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

@Naijadude: GET BACK IN CONTACT WITH EM!!! Lmao… leave my bow-legs alone jare!!! THEY ARE NOT CROOKED… lol…it’s not ez to be a tall girl jare… don’t hate!!!... hehe

@Beautifully Human: I really hope so too… I really do hope so

TP said...

Aww so sweet. I hope you get to meet her again soon. Sisterly bonds are never broken.

Vickii said...

Hun, I'm sure you two will find each other one day and she'll be so lucky to have an older sister as great as you!!!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Tp: Amen to that!

@1982: Awww… thanks babe… Amen oh!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money