Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Part 2: What a weekend

The Boyfriend: I just can’t do this anymore


Overwhelmed: You can’t do what… anyways if you don’t have anything better to say… I’m tired jare


Silence…………………


After 5 minutes………..


Overwhelmed: Hold on… are you seriously serious?!?! You actually want to break up with me?!?! For what?!?!


The Boyfriend: I don’t know… babe I’m nuts about you but I feel like you don’t appreciate me enough you know… I like you so much and sometimes I feel like you don’t like me as much as I do you… and never will. So rather than go through all that… it’s probably better I just nip it in the bud… and deal with it from now


Overwhelmed: are you seriously serious?!?! Like you gotta be kidding me with this


The Boyfriend: No… I’m not


Overwhelmed: Hold on a second… just hold on


This hurt so much… I mean I’d have never thought… I mean I like this guy so much it’s not even funny… so what does he mean he doesn’t think I like him as much as he does… that I don’t appreciate him… break up with me?!... This could go two different ways:


1. I could be the old nonchalant Overwhelmed and let him go his way and I’ll go mine… thanks and have a great life type of shit… I mean there are nicer, cuter, richer, better guys out there right


Or I could:


2. Swallow my pride… talk about it… hammer it out… listen to him… see what he’s saying… give him my point of view… preserve what I already got….


I mean I’ve never been broken up with before… I’ve always had the upper hand, always been the one that gets tired, gets bored, hates it when the guy gets too emotional, jealous, possessive… but for the first time in my life, I was willing to work on it... to loose some of my 'edge'. I wanted to keep him… he’s so good to and for me… I mea this couldn't be it!!!


Overwhelmed: Baby… listen… tell me what exactly brought about this change of mind


The boyfriend: I don’t know… it’s a culmination of a bunch of things… I feel like sometimes you talk to me anyway you want; you can be rude sometimes, stubborn, among other things. I mean I completely accept you for who you are and can deal with most of those things. You’re honestly one of the most genuine and greatest people I ever met… but sometimes baby it’s so hard to read you… it’s hard to know how to feel about certain things sometimes especially about me… and to continue to be with you… I have to know these things… I have to know you’re as committed to me as I am to you… I have to know that this relationship isn’t a joke... a game… a phase…


Overwhelmed: Hmmmm…


The Boyfriend: Listen… baby… I’m playing for keeps…


Overwhelmed: Ok… I hear you… and it really hurts that you don’t think I care about you… you’re usually the last person I talk to almost every night before I go to bed, I go out of my way for you… I mean I’m doing things I’ve never done for any guy, feeling ways I haven’t felt for any guy, saying things I’ve never said to any guy… and it hurts that you can’t see that. I’m so comfortable with you it amazes me… I mean I talk to you as a friend and as a lover… I tell you how I feel all the time… things you do that I like, things that I don’t like… EVERYTHING! It hurts cos I feel like I’ve come so far with you.. you know… I’m opening myself up like never before… letting myself be loved and opening myself up to the possibility of loving in return… I show you even my innermost thoughts… I’ve never tried to put on a show for you… it’s been just me from day one. It really hurts that you think this… but I can understand your point of view… I’m sorry about the way I reacted… I’ll watch it from here on out k? I guess sometimes I just expect you to know when to just give me time to process stuff or back off a littleI guess sometimes I forget that you too need to hear that I miss you every once in a while or that I like your mind as well as your balls.


The Boyfriend: laughs… you’re just a nutcase forreal


Overwhelmed: No seriously… I mean I’ve shared everything with you… I mean I’ve read you personal shit that I’ve never read to or told any other guy I’ve been with… I tell you thoughts that I don’t admit to most people… I’ve shared my mind, body and soul with you for the past 7 months of knowing you and I hate the fact that you’re not giving us a chance. Your reason for breaking up is soo bullshit… I mean things you’re saying now you never even told me before… is that how little I mean to you? You can just give up on a girl you say you love and want to be with for a long time… just like that? Me that kisses like heaven… Just like that?!?!


The Boyfriend: lol… you and your jokes


Overwhelmed: I’m not playing… you know what… if you wanna break up no problem… but before you do… then you have to restore the enjoyment you have taken out of my coochie…(I kinda giggled when I said that one). Yes… you have to… because as a lady there’s a certain percentage of sweetness in our pussy… and for the past 4 months you’ve been feasting and delighting and taking all the sweetness out… so imagine the next guy who comes along… he’ll only have limited enjoyment… and that’s unfair to him… so the minute you can restore my sweetness… then we can go our separate ways


The Boyfriend just burst out laughing for 5 minutes… and was like “Overwhelmed you’re the weirdest and funniest girl I ever dated. Baby… I’m really sorry that I overreacted… I guess sometimes I get scared you know… I’ve always wondered if we’re too good to be true you know… I just wish I’d met you when I’m 30 so I could just marry you and get it over with. I’m scared cos I’ve never felt this way about anyone in my life and I keep feeling that at one point or another you’re gonna hurt me really bad… I mean sometimes I fight the feelings I have for you… Babe.. I think about you more than I think about myself and that scares me… when you’re sad or mad… it affects me… when you’re happy… I’m happy… and it scares the fuck out of me… so sometimes I guess I think my feelings might get even better/worse and who knows… but I’m sorry babe… I went to far with the ‘breaking up’ thing… I guess I lashed out the only way I know how


Overwhelmed:
I’m sorry too… I’ll try to be more open too… I’m trying you know even though I know I can be such a drama queen sometimes…


The Boyfriend: lol... tell me about it... but yeah... even me… it’s like… you know….


Overwhelmed:
yeah babe… I know…


The Boyfriend: so babygirl… when are you gonna get a bikini wax?


Overwhelmed:
lol… where you going with that question?!?!


The Boyfriend: lmao…nowhere… I’m just asking….


Overwhelmed: lol… Good night!!!

40 comments:

Justme said...

Wow! Thank God y'all didnt break up.

Anonymous said...

i love that story, especially the part about restoring the enjoyment to your coochie....that is so true! With your permission, will be using that from now on!

I'm glad you and your man were able to walk thru it...i wish you all the best :)

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Justme: Thank God for real!

@Anonymous: lmao@restoring the enjoyment to my coochie… my boyfriend hardly ever takes me seriously cos I’m always cracking jokes… but my dear this one is true and yes you have permission to use the phrase… lol. Thanks luv… I’m happy we figured it out too… imagine what today’s post would’ve been otherwise…

nosa101 said...

I think i have said this before, if i was your boyfriend we would have broken up since or i would have been extremely cold to you. You have found yourself one to keep, don't lose him. In this age and time i don't know many boys that are that emotional and truly like the girl (based on a survey among my friends).


BTW, Naijahomo has responded. You should read it. I thin I really wound him up :D. if more gay people read it I might be a blog celeb LMAO

Icy said...

hahah that is the koolest things I have read in a hot minute.. hahah actually had me rolling lol! Awwww I"m so proud of you hun. swallowed your pride and worked it out hahah .. Him sef can't he threatening break-up like dat naw ah ah!. teach him to talk before you start dishing out final answer.. rawk on mama.. Have a lovely weekend

LondonBuki said...

Awww.... So so cute!!!

It's good you decided to talk about it with him...

:-)

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@nosa101:You better be grateful that you have certain blogpals oh so we’ll let you know when you’re getting out of order and being ‘unnecessarily weird’ with the girls… I mean the biggest lesson I’m learning with this whole relationship thing is that you gotta ‘compromise’. I’m probably a little self- centered… so that’s hard sometimes, and you’re right it would unwise at this point to ‘lose him’. These your friends self sound like carbon copies of you and I don’t know the wisdom of this… lol. Oh I opened his page… but I haven’t actually read it yet to see what he said… but I have a feeling you’ve opened a can of worms… lol (is it weird that in spite of your sometimes ‘strange and random’ thoughts… I feel the need to protect you?!)

@Icy: lol… awww thanks babe… I know… I can’t believe I was able to get over myself and actually ‘talk’… so many of my friends will not believe it oh… as my best friend would say… I’m Growing Up!!! … lol. Exactly oh… I’ve warned him not to try that nonsense again… or else he’ll have my blogpals and close friends to answer to!!! Lol… Have a great weekend urself babe!

@LondonBuki: Boy am I glad I did… otherwise na so-so cyber hugs una for dey give me now…lol… me and this my boyfriend self with our issues! Hope your week is going great babe….

azuka said...

Who told you you oughtn't to take away some of the flaccidity your wildness has imposed on him. Ooops :(.

I'm glad you're together. What a wa to make up! I'm archiving it somewhere in my brain... :D

Anonymous said...

Good, am happy to see you guys have patched things up and it is gonna be better than ever. Now you have to cont. with the bikini wax?...

zaiprincesa said...

*sniff* *sniff*...that was sooo sweett...He has shown u his vulnerable side, e ya...Im so glad you guys worked things out...Shows a lot of maturity on ur side. And u have taught us a lesson, that pride cometh before a fall. so sweet...(why am i so sappy?)..lol....Hmm, isnt there a myth that makeup sex is the best kind of sex...?;)

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Azuka: lol… I have no clue what you’re talking about the flaccidity and the wildness… hehe… no clue whatsoever!!! lol@archiving... Way to go!!!

@Zeyi: Lol… the bikini wax thing… man… I’m so lazy about shaving trust me… I do it every two weeks when I have a boyfriend and once a month when I don’t… lol… all my girls make fun of me for that cos some of them shave every single day… me I can’t do that oh!!!

@Zaiprincesa: lol… he’s a sweetheart… I know… I’m Growing Up Zai!!! It’s great and scary all at the same time… lol… makeup sex huh… lol… maybe I’ll make him wait a little for it… lmao… who am I kidding?!?!

Anonymous said...

Yah! You swallowed your pride! Glad you guys worked it out.

Anonymous said...

See that's the thing with relationships. You take the good with the bad. It can't be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet alllll the time.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Noni Moss: So am I babe… so am I

@Anonymous: That’s exactly how I feel… and I think that’s what he needs to realize too… I can’t be Miss Sunny Personality all the damn time

reen said...

am happy u guys didnt break up lol i told u he was just pulling ya legs. ur man seems like a really nice guy dont let him go oooooo ;)

angie said...

I m so glad u guys made up.
U really have a wonderful sense of humor, lol@restoring the enjoyment to my coochie.
This ur boo REALLY like u oh(i.e he thinks of u more than he thinks of himself), and i m happy u didn't let silly pride get in the way of ur own happiness.

BabaAlaye said...

Sorry i'm late again.
Glad you begged him. (Like you had a choice?)

Tell me where else would you get a "Service Provider" that blesses you with 4 big ones daily? Answer me now? You come dey do shakara sey you no go beg. shio.

Hold him tight o. Shey you hear? Every chica i know crave what you got. As they say "if you blink for a second, Breeze go blow your Bobo comot". Hold am tight. Much love girl.

Anonymous said...

NO COMMENT COS I AM SO FURIOUS RIGHT NOW! SUPPORTED D DUDE TO TOUCH MY SENSITIVE AND YOU WENT AHEAD TO ADVERTISE, SORRY U ARE LATE I REMOVED THE BLOG!
GOOD LUCK AND GOODBYE! I'M SO FOR REAL UNLIKE UR BOO!!!

Anonymous said...

NO COMMENT FOR ME, BECAUSE I AM SO FURIOUS RIGHT NOW, I WOULDNT BELIEVE YOU SUPPORTED THE DUDE TO TOUCH MY SENSITIVE PART, YET YOU ADVERTISED IT, I TOOK IT MORE SERIOUS BECAUSE OF THAT, NOW I REALISED HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET ME UP.

I AM SO GONE!

GOOD BYE AND GOOD LUCK!! DONT FREAKING CALL ME, HELL KNOWS I WONT EVEN ANSWER!!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@reen: yeah… he’s nice… and yes… you were right!!!… lol… you’ve become psychic oh babe!!!

@angie: lol… he can be a drama king sometimes… but overall he’s a sweetheart… I’m glad I didn’t let my pride win either… lol@the restoring enjoyment… he was just laughing his head off… I swear because I’m always goofing… he hardly ever takes me seriously!

@BabaAlaye: lol… I didn’t have a choice really did I? my dear the service provider for hard to find seeing as he’s excellent at what he ‘does’…lol… I will hold him tight sha for my sake and his… thanks luv… hope your having a great week and not getting into too much trouble… hehe

Anonymous said...

OMG! babe i dont even know what to say I'm glad u guys worked it out in the end i was starting to get scared a little cos we know how much u care about the guy its very mature the way u handled it girl and ur just too mad funny all that coochie talk lmao

Vera Ezimora said...

Yeah, I'm glad you worked things out so stay away from my man! Overwhelmed, if i so much as smell you near my Bloke, mpiakasi ga di oh! You will cry like you have never cried before.

In short, lemme go and call my fiance. Enuff of Overwhelmed and her overwhelmed boyfriend.

Bloke...here I come!

Yosh said...

I've played those scenes over and over again in my mind... :) It's funny it kinda materialized verbatim with you!

good thing for you two to still be together. Love is crazy and fun, at the same time!

Enjoy!

temmy tayo said...

I think it is always better to see if one can talk things out. Sometimes it is good to swallow our pride for...luv, friendship,whatever makes us happy really.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Naijadude: I love you babe and I’m sorry that you took it that way. I was not trying to advertise Nosa or his ideas… The dude had an opinion on what he termed ‘infidels’ that included homosexuals and I didn’t agree with it. I left a very long and detailed response on his blog about how I thought he was wrong… but the fact that he stated such strong opinions sort of bothered me and I wondered how many others also did… but just maybe didn’t voice them. I put the link on my blog to see what other people thought about it… and it’s been interesting to read peoples responses to say the least. I could see how you might see it as insensitive that I linked it to my blog… but you know me better now My Jolene. I think he’s a young dude with a lot of opinions some of which he means and some of which he says just for the sake of heckling people… sorry that you were ‘heckled’. Lol… just got off the phone with you now and its 5.03am… isn’t it mad fun talking till the morning light… we’re both gonna pay for this tomorrow with serious bloodshot eyes!!! Love you forever and abeg don’t put me on ‘blog blast’ like that again now… we’re too cute for that!!!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Life through: Hey luv….long time no hear/blog.. I hope you’re coping alright now and everything’s going good on your end… My dear… I’m happy we worked it out too… lol… I know… he found it mad funny as well.

@Vera: Naijabloke that used to sing me Femi Akinpelu melodies… NaijaBloke that used to call me his sugar bombom… YOU WANT TO TAKE MY OWN NAIJABLOKE RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE ABI?!?!? BABE IT’S ON LIKE BORAT AND KAZAKHSTAN!!! Fiance ke?!?! It’s not true…he wouldn’t do that to me not after everything we’ve been through together… it’s just not possible!

@Yosh: As in you’ve been through the exact same thing??... Tell me more Tell me more…

@temmytayo: I definitely see your point of view with this… hopefully I can apply it to my friendship with my best friend(we’ve having problems and I don’t really know how to fix it!!!)

Boso said...

Hey, glad you guys worked it all out. It takes maturity to swallow your pride, and talk things out. Exposing your feelings makes you feel vulnerable sometimes, so kudos to you and your fella.

Uzo said...

OOh. So sweet. Insecure and all. Glad you guys straightened things out. He sounds sweet. In love, throw most of your pride and the games out of the window...

nosa101 said...

I see i caused some havoc LOL. I am still looking for something new to write on

Yosh said...

:) Well, exact in the sense that before I dropped the idea and pursued a different approach, I've been thinking of how to bring up the case with my gf, and most of the words your bf used are exactly what I used, with slight variations here and there, it put a grin on my face when I read your exchanges. :) 'cos sometimes she like blanks me and I can't tell what the issue really is, so I felt unloved, even though during the 'peak' times, it's all lovey-dovey and I get mushy, too! *Lol*

DiAmOnD hawk said...

*sigh*
to be in love
to break up and make up
the fear...the insecurity
the compromises...
the anger...the joy
the laughter
communication....

it's all good

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Boso: Thanks luv

@Uzo: I know… I never really saw that side of him… ever… but it’s great to know that you affect someone like that and I guess certain things can be avoided so we don’t run into problems later

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Nosa101: Nosa I’ll be honest with you… I’m never one for censoring oneself but I think sometimes there is such a thing as going too far. I mean I read your post in good faith and left you a long-ass comment just in case you actually did mean what you said (although I did feel initially that you were being sarcastic)… and wanted to give you another perspective on it. I didn’t include the link on my blog because you made me… I did it because I wanted other people to read it and to find out their honest opinion on it… I mean I was appalled that there might actually be people that think like that in this day and age. I would like to think we’re a more forward and accepting people than that… but the only way to know would be to read people’s comments on it right. I mean the only way to change people ideas about stuff is to get them reading/ talking about it. I even linked my friend Naijadude to it just because I wanted him to give you an even better opinion than I ever possibly could. This was probably in bad taste because I understand him, his issues and how it could be a sensitive thing for him… afterall you are calling for the killing of homosexuals albeit ‘jokingly’. He took you up on it and left a post on his blog (which I unfortunately didn’t get to read before he got pissed and took it down)… but he told me what it was about last night and even your comment there… apparently you were joking and had just read something and wanted to rile people up. I mean I could’ve come on your blog and told you were immature or an idiot… but that’s taking the easy route… the best way is to let you know ‘how and why’ your reasoning is not sound. The only reason I never put you on blast for what can be termed homophobic statements is because like I said I thought you were being sarcastic (after all you have been a reader of my blog for months now right)… and your age… you’re 16, obviously a smart dude and I guess sometimes you feel the need to vent (who doesn’t right?). All that especially your age is the reason I said that in spite of the ‘controversial’ stuff you put on your blog… I feel the need to protect you… like just sit you down and let you know… IT AIN’T SO! I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you’re so young… I mean it gets more difficult to blast someone or put out all your opinions if somebody puts something out there that’s offensive or ‘in bad taste’ if right after they say they’re joking. I went on your blog this morning and found your comment about Eminem and his homophobic lyrics… does that justify statements like that?!? Nope… Does reading a Jihad rhetoric justify making statements like that?!?! Nope… you said in your post that you didn’t actually think my friend was gay… Come On Nosa… seriously… you said you’ve been reading his blog for a while and obviously longer than a month or two cos you’re using his old login name NaijaHomo…cos everyone knows its now Naijadude. I think the only positive thing about that blog is that you’ve said you don’t really mean what you said… cos if you did… I don’t know how you’d go through life… cos being intolerant and unaccepting of people’s cultures, religion, race, sexuality just alienates us as people.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Yosh: oh whao… that’s almost uncanny… I guess we girls can be like that sometimes not wanting to talk about it ‘just then’ and we don’t know that it affects you guys like that… but its great when y’all can just let us know what the problem is…lol@ getting mushy… I didn’t know guys could have it in them like that… I guess that’s probably cos I’ve never been on this level of relationship before… You and the girlfriend are cool now though right?

@Diamond: it’s all good…………..

Discombobulated Diva said...

being MIA on blog, so i'm not sure what all the controversy is about... but I am glad u and your man worked things out....

~DD

chioma said...

Hello! glad u resolved that but just be on the watch out for signs. I know a bit about relationships(not like i have had too many, but just learn from peoples experiences) and u got to make sure the guy is not tired.
You guys seem to be in love so enjoy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad u guys worked it out!
That was close tho....
I guess it was the mature thing to communicate what he was feeling...

Cute

Anthony Arojojoye said...

See what weed can do to you? It even affects ur relationships! LOL.
You hav a kind man you know.

Seriously, say no to weed :D

Ineka said...

LMAO!!! Too damn cute....

Anonymous said...

ah ah! lol...you're too much, abeg! do you give lessons?