Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm back

I discussed the issue at great length with my number one Jolene and we’re so over it… so it’s back to blogging now (and polluting the world with my mess…lol)… aren’t you excited?!?! I know I am!!! Triple yay!!! I really missed my blog sha, reading what my blogpals have been up to and communicating with my favorite readers. I learnt a big lesson from what happened and I hope anybody who followed the drama did too!!!


Thanks y’all for missing me and the great and inspiring comments you left on my blog, if you’ve read my blog for more than a week you’ll know how much I love blogging so trust me it sucked ass to think about giving it all up… but like I said before there’s people I love more than I love blogging and I wouldn’t want to hurt them in anyway through my writing… since I didn’t really(or at least it’s been cleared up)… your girl Overwhelmed has plenty gist to tell and questions to ask. Prepare to be bombarded this entire week and maybe even next!


The weekend started out really fun… and some shit ended up happening (yea… it’s about my relationship… I know… AGAIN!!! I guess we’re learning as we go along… but that’s a story for another write-up… or maybe not)


On Friday it was one of my closest friend’s birthday, so we went to her get-together. Actually she’s more than a friend… she’s like family that’s not really family you know… like an adopted sister or cousin or something… known her since I been in Canada and I love her more than I love Cranberry (and that’s saying a lot… cos some people in my life don’t measure up to it’s sweet and slightly bitter taste cos for some reason I love tangy things… like… k.. I Digress… lol!!!). I went with Naijadyme, and one of my close friends AO and we got this guy “Victim” to take us (I’ll talk about that guy in another post… or people that me and AO call “Victims”) there and oh my gosh… we had the funnest time ever!!! You know how it is… when too many Naija people are under the same roof, there’s bound to be ruckus…I mean we laughed so hard our cheeks started hurting.


When we arrived, after giving my friend her gift (which I won’t mention for fear or being outed… but trust me it was cute), we got down to the main business of the night… EATING!!! Lol… my friend AO said she didn’t even eat the whole day just preparing her stomach for the goodies to come… and we’d already planned all the insults we were going to lavish on them if the food was even slightly salty or burnt (cos we weren’t trusting my friends… lol). So anyways… there was Jollof Rice, Fried Rice, Fried Chicken, Grilled Fish, Pasta And Shrimp (my favorite). I used that one to wash my stomach first before I now got down to the soup… vegetable and egusi mix… I was just doing longthroat because I was already full… but I couldn’t resist the stockfish… I mean you’ll know I was into the food when they played my favorite makossa song and I didn’t go and dance because I wanted to finish enjoying the menu… lol. Naijadyme was doing ajebutter as per ‘on-diet-celebrity’… lmao… we didn’t mind her jare and ate all the food we wanted.


Anyways sha… after eating then came small picture snapping. This guy cracked us up when he was snapping some girls… I guess they were both frowning… homeboy’s like ‘Baby girl stop frowning… this is not a passport photograph’… lmao… that’s hilarious right… and imagine.. I just finished eating oh… we went outside for small cool air.. by the time we came back in the thing was on fullblast… better ghanian music… see your Overwhelmed breaking it down like the Dj owed me rent money… dang… I was shaking that booty oh… if Ludacris was there I know he would’ve tried to hire me for his moneymaker video… but don’t worry… I’m above that… I’m ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’ Material… lol.


Then they brought out the cake… ewwww… I hate vanilla cake… oh my gosh… terrible… whatever happened to chocolate cake ehn?!?! Anyways I ignored that one and kept sipping my water like Celine Dion. Then they just had to play makossa… hey… see me jump out my seat… and guess who they started me off with?!?! AWILO LONGOMBA… AWILO THE GENIUS, AWILO THE PHILOSOPHER, AWILO THE HIT MAKER, AWILO MY FUTURE WEDDING SINGER… OH MY DEAR… I DANCED LIKE IT WAS AN AUDITION!


They followed this up with Lagbaja’s Konko Below… heyyyy… NA DIE OH… me and AO killed that song cos it’s our other favorite song… see us ‘bere-mole’in (lol.. however you spell that!!!). Lol… Apparently I have a new name… ‘Electric Waist’… lmao… I know… only Naija people. Since this is my blog… I’ll make a small confession… it was hard to be bending and whining like that on that day sha… reason being.. first I was wearing low-rise skinny jeans… and because I didn’t want any of my goodies falling out… I was wearing a belt right… which is all well and good. I was wearing a long shirt-dress that went down to my hip so you didn’t see the belt on my pants… but then to make the whole thing more stylish I was wearing a wide belt underneath my breasts… lol. You could only see one belt and the whole outfit was sexy as fuck but trust me I was getting some circulation cut-off from the two belts and the skinny jeans… but did I pull it off.. 100%... lol… even Naijadyme didn’t believe me when I told her… lol (what can I say… I’ve mastered my craft!)


So after dancing they started playing reggae… see me I’m getting a little old school with the whole reggae thing… I mean I can whine like a professional hula- hooper, but for some reason I’ve never gotten into the newer reggae moves. I’m not trying to boost but I don’t think it’ll be good for my reputation to be seen dutty-whining or doing the ‘bad-man-forward-bad-man-pullup’. I don’t know… I just find it so blasé… and this is not to say that I don’t appreciate people that don’t… I mean some reggae dancers are amazing at what they do… but as for me Overwhelmed I’ll stick to the same old reggae ‘two-step’… a whole lotta whining and some movement….that way you keep it classy and a whole lotta sexy!!!


So we kept partying… there were so many funny people oh my gosh… I didn’t even have to entertain… I just sat around and enjoyed. A lot of these friends go to a different school and I was hearing some of their school gist. One of the guys LC used to be the president of the Nigerian Student Association of his school last year and is honestly one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. But the running joke on him is that as president he used all the membership fees donated to buy himself a Lexus and when the funds ran out… he resigned… lmao… apparently they were paying membership fee three times a year instead of once… lol… that was soo jokes.


Oh then there’s this funnyass dude LL… actually more funny looking… this guy kills me with his dressing.. I mean he’s soo overmatched it’s not even funny… homeboy will wear a white and yellow and blue jersey, lightblue jeans, yellow doo-rag, blue baseball hat, white blue and yellow bandana and wrist-band, yellow earrings, yellow white and blue nikes and lightblue bag.. like HOMEBOY SERIOUSLY>>> WTF… I’m a girl and I don’t even match quarter that much! But at least he’s famous around school (although at this point I’m not quite sure that’s a good thing… lmao)


There’s his close friend KK that is very weird.. he only has one dance move… I mean play reggae… he’ll do the same move, play hip-hop, same move… even damn Makossa… the same MOVE>>> HOMEBOY PLZ LEARN AT LEAST ONE MORE NOW!!!


{I just realized this is turning out to be some long-ass commentary… so I’ll break it down and finish part 2 later… hope y’all enjoyed reading my weekend sha… you know me and excessive gist.. but like I said… I missed y’all!!!}

46 comments:

jadedkiss said...

babe.. i missed your blog. jus read everything now.. i was so worried and scared bout u and your man.. wow, so relieved you'r ok now. how are you? your party sounded like fun, typically nigerian crowd. you literally updated this while i was still reading it!

jadedkiss said...

babe.. i missed your blog. jus read everything now.. i was so worried and scared bout u and your man.. wow, so relieved you'r ok now. how are you? your party sounded like fun, typically nigerian crowd. you literally updated this while i was still reading it!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@JadedKiss: lol… I’m pyshic like that now… abi you didn’t know?!?! I’m good now babe… there’s still some shit I need to sort out in my life… but overall I’m good. Glad to be back blogging… it wasn’t a long period… but I did leave it completely for a few days. Oh my gosh…to say it was fun is an understatement… I laughed so much the next day I was watching Mr. Bean and couldn’t even laugh… I was that worn out!!! I’m going to your blog now to see what you’ve been up to.. missed you babe… be cool!

Calabar Gal said...

Hmmn Overwhelmed,
Sounds like you had great fun at ur friends birthay. Wish her Happy Birthday from all of us over here. Great to have u back. You werent gone for that long so no stress. Where's ur Mummy sunday post?

Everchange said...

Wow, I'm glad you decided to stay...Í didn't even know the extent to which this issue reached, now I wish I hadn't commented on it at all. Anyway, its wonderful you guys can kiss and make up.

azuka said...

You seem to have been the bomb.

Drinking water like Celine Dion? Now that's new!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!!
lol @ ur party gist..
glad u had fun....them nigerian parties r always something else...
anyways...have a great week...ciao

Belle said...

woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like someone had a blast! also glad you and ND made up :)

Belle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@CalabarGal: Oh my gosh.. it was terrific.. thanks for the happy bday on her behalf.. I’ll tell her… Thanks luv… I wasn’t gone for long but it seemed like a long time sha cos I didn’t read anything or anyone in that period… Great to be back… umm.. mummy Sunday post… hmmm.. lol.. maybe I’ll put one up during the week or do a double mommy Sunday post… I didn’t actually think about it yet… thanks for reminding me my dear.

@ Everchange: It was serious to me at the time but it’s done with. Thanks babe

@Azuka: lol… my dear… if you’re dazzled by just hearing it then you should’ve seen it for yourself… you would’ve been flabbergasted forsure!!!

@BellaNaija: Thanks luv… yes oh… naija ppl are just completely nuts trust me… Your guest blogger rocks oh… hope you have fun on your getaway… have a great week yourself luv

@Belle: Yes I did mami… I’m glad we did too.. he’s my Jolene forever!!!

chainreader said...

yeah! yeah! yeah! i haven't even read all the whatever you had to day! yes, that is english! i saw you dropped a comment on uzo's blog and i was gonna come give you hell for making us cry over you here while you roam around other blogs giggling to yourself. and then i saw you had come back to us! yeah! abi, i had said that before? it doesn't matter. na excitement.

welcome home, babe!
phew! am out of breath!

Mari said...

ONB, glad to see you are back again. I didn't even realise what was going on til Nigerican filled me in over the weekend. Its all good. You def enjoyed ure weekend, I can tell.
That yellow, white, blue matching guy needs to read Bella Naija's guest post on fashion donts.

Biodun said...

Glad 2 see ur back, I came back 2 read ur past entries n saw ur last post. Glad that is water under the bridge. You had mad fun o, lol, I need to come party with u when I hit Canada!

Funmi said...

Glad to have u back...waiting to read mummy sunday.

NaijaBloke said...

Na God save u ... cos i was already booking a flight to Toronto ... just cos Vera do shakara for u,u wan run ..what happened to the good ol' fighting for ur man thingy.

No worry I go still come,cos I know u dan miss me naw ..LOL

Nice to have u back ...take care and u have a nice week

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Chainreader: lol… you’re a fantastic reader… thanks a lot for your support and for missing small me… yes oh I’m back in full force.. and trust me there’s a lot of gist actually some of it is issues that I have to deal with… lol… I’m excited too… thanx luv… really thanx… I appreciate it!!! And your grammer na one in town but no problem sha I understand everything completely!

@Mari: Yes mami… I’m back…awww… Nigerican is an angel… luv her lots… yes oh… there was sum stuff but its out the way now!... oh my gosh the weekend was fantastic!!... lol… I read that and it was soo funny.. overmatching no be small oh… hope you had a great weekend yourself babe

@Biodun: Yes it is… I’m glad as well… lol… oh my gosh… most definitely… anytime you’re in our great nation… we’ll definitely go partying oh.. as you be international traveler… lol… but if na winter visit just ready your solid winter jacket sha…

@Funmi: Thanks luv… hehe… I think you’re probably the number one fan of mummy Sunday… lol… always letting me know when I’ve missed… luv that… I’ll put one up soon… how you doin babe?

@NaijaBloke: lol… Don’t worry about Vera… I’m going do deal with her now.. is it not small vera again?!?! You know I will commot my weave and show my natural hair just for you… lmao… Thanks luv .. have a great week yourself and abegi update your blog jare!!!

TP said...

She's back!! Don't do that again o. I enjoy reading your blog.
Sounds like you had a blast at the party. Eating, dancing, taking pics, and all the fun..... Gosh it makes me realise I haven't gone partying in a while.

ChiefO said...

so u are back! i actually came online to use google to search for u. but since u are back then i dont need to ask to bother.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Tp: I enjoy yours too… the PARTY WAS THE SHIZNIT!... lol… babe na exam make now abi.. but now that it’s done… get to dancing!!!

@ChiefO: lol… I’m back in full force(even though I was only gone for a couple days). How now?

Anonymous said...

k i havent read the entry yet except for the title and i'm glad you are back ohhh! chai!

Anonymous said...

LMAAAAAOOOOOOOO you are the funniest person ever! nne i feel you oh, my skinny jeans cut off my circulation as well but what can man do?

i have to read this again!

Anonymous said...

Yah you're back! I didnt want to say anything when you left cos i would have said di you - take as much time as you need to clear your head (but then i would have been lynched by the masses)

see that you had mad fun this weekend - just reading about the food - i cant wait to go to Nigeria. Have a nice week babe and glad that you're back.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Mphahlele: lol… thanks luv… things we do for beauty and fashion ehn… but @ least Thank God we pull it off sha… cos it would suck to suffer small and still not look good… lol. Have a great week luv

@Noni Moss: yes oh mami… I’m back… I had to.. we’d dealt will all issues and it’s water under the gutter(including all the nasty spirogyra… lol… )Yes oh… it was crazy fun… the food was one of the best parts… chai… eating better better jollof rice and stew…dang!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew u wud be back ,how could u think u'd survive without a blog lol.Good to have u back tho *smile*

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Nigerican: lol… you’re a sweetheart… Thanks sha… a lot!!! I’m back like Ali in His Prime (lol… k.. did that make any sense whatsoever?!?!)

The Mistress said...

You came back!

What a relief.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back dear. You were sorely missed...for real. God bless.

zaiprincesa said...

YAY!!...(This is me doing a little cheer)..I missed you oh...But i knew u would come back sha, so i wasnt worried...im psychic like that :)Glad to hear ur weekend went well. Im awaiting part 2....

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@The Mistress: Yes I did mami… Thanks for checking up

@Anonymous: Thanks luv. God bless you too!

@Zaiprincesa: Missed you too babe… but abeg try update your blog ehn… you’re doing to much blog suspense these days sha… unacceptable!!! Lol… part 2 coming right up and this your psychic… I get a few questions that I might be asking you oh… I hope you have answers to them oh as per your psychic abilities… lol

Anonymous said...

Double Yay!! I read all posts and I can't believe you actually thought of leaving! Good thing you didn't....saw the msg you left on my blog, and i just want to say thanks!

Going thru alot of stuffs right now but when evrything comes back to normal, will give full detail...but thanx 4 dropping by and please don't scare us like that again.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Confessions: You’re welcome babe… I hope everything becomes sorted out as soon as possible. We miss you babe and I really hope you’re coping alright. Be well… lol… I won’t oh… I love this blog too much and wouldn’t give it up for little things… so glad we sorted shit out… cos it would’ve sucked ass to stop writing here!

angie said...

U r back!!!!
I am happy u sorted out everything...although i didn't miss u at all...lol(**nose growing long**.
My stomach is doing flip flops as i read about all the delicious food.
Babe...u wore 2 belts!!!! i m sure u had to adjust each one as u ate all that food...lol

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Angie: Thanks luv for being such a great reader and making me feel special!!! Lol@the flip flops your stomach is doing reading about the food… so imagine what mine was doing actually ‘eating’ the food!!! Lol@ me and my two belts… I don’t even know how to explain how I managed the whole thing! Have a great week babe

TaureanMinx said...

Shes back, shes back, you know it, you know it.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back babe. This is a long one: it shows how much you have missed ya blog.

nosa101 said...

You should be flogged, y'know. The only reason I put on my laptop was to check if you were back, I should be in the middle of some con. Calc

BabaAlaye said...

I missed you babe.
Sorry i'm late again.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, a new reader that also missed ya

Uzo said...

Glad to see you sorted things out. You sound ike you always have fun....Nice

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@TaureanMinx: Lol… yes she is!!!

@Temmytayo: Yes mami… part 2 is even longer… no joke oh… plus the weekend was eventful and fun-filled trust me… how you doing babe?!?!

@Nosa101: lol… you better go back to your Calculus my dear before you fail exam… I’m not paying your tuition for you to fail!!!

@BabaAlaye: Lol… it’s now official… you’re a professional latecomer!!! Thanks luv… missed you too with your funny funny gist… you better update your blog my dear…it’s been how long now?!?!?

@Daisy: lol…. Thanks and welcome new reader… hope you’re enjoying the blogworld so far!!!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@Uzo: Yes oh I did… thanks luv… I did oh have fun oh my dear… it’s these crazy people I live with/ around!!!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

you are too much fun - infact that should your name - too much fun - good to see you're back - missed ure mummy sunday.

tiwalade said...

glad u're back!! seems you guys had fun at your naija party.lol! at the one dance move guy! you're not easy oh..electric waist..lol! you must be really killing them!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

@The Life: lol… awwwww… thanks luv….

@Tiwalade: we did oh babe… thanks sweetie… hehe@the electric waist thing.. no mind Naija people jare… have a great week luv… I dey go check your blog now now cos for some reason I couldn’t find the link before.

Vickii said...

I didn't realise you were back because I've been kinda busy but it's really great to have you back and I can't wait to catch up on all your new stuff!

Your weekend sounds amazing, please, do you ever just chill on the weekend ... you always have some fabulously funny night and drama, I'm jealous! Oh and your outfit sounds hot ... very sienna!

Anonymous said...

attention whore...