Thursday, November 30, 2006

5 Random/Weird Things About Overwhelmed

I got tagged by Daddy’s girl who knows I’m a meme and tag whore… and apparently I have to share 5 completely random or weird things about myself. Oh and craze craze Vera also tagged me (although she was an amebo and wrote more than 5 things)!:

1. I speak Igbo when I’m drunk. Lol… doesn’t matter if I’m chilling with Chinese, Arab, Jamaican people, White people… everytime I’m drunk I speak Igbo, answer questions in Igbo and make myself laugh in Igbo… days that I’m somewhat tipsy I speak other languages that I’m a little conversant in… like Twi (Ghanaian language) and Yoruba (Nigerian… lol.. just clearing that up cos I have non-Nigerian readers too… lol).

2. My skins crawls when people pop those things that are used to cover/protect new tv’s, vcds… I don’t know what they’re called. I cringe everytime someone cracks something made of Styrofoam or even scratches a fork against it… it just kills me every single time.

3. My laugh sounds sort of like a push and start engine (lol… I’ve heard this too many times from different unrelated people not to believe it)… I laugh, stop, pick it up, laugh again, increase the intensity, roll it back and stop and start again… lol.. it makes more sense when you hear it… maybe I’ll record it sometime and put in on here… lmao

4. Me and my best Friend Naijadyme are very weird… lol. One day we spent hours on the phone talking about our new get-rich-quick-scheme. This involved becoming a secretary for a 419 person and using British accent to tell people that yes… we were truly going to sell them the land in Port Harcourt with the Oil or send them the lions fur. She came over to my house earlier this year and we practiced our stripper moves together (just in case we ever needed that skill… lmao). We spent another day last month prank-calling and just laughing everytime someone picked up the phone…lmao. When we see someone dressed hideous… we never look at each others faces cos otherwise we’d burst out laughing no matter how much we try to control it. Lmao… she also provided me one of the jokes of the century… she went on a date with some Naija guy once… and they went to Red Lobster I think (if not there… then one of those ‘bar and grill’ places). Anyways… they were getting ready to order… then homeboy calls the waitress like “Waitress can I order some fried plantain?”… lmao… she was so embarrassed it wasn’t even funny… suffice to say… she never went on a date with him again! We probably bring out the creative in each other cos sometimes this girl calls me with a Jamaican Accent and the next day I’ll call her like an Ijebu on his way to England… trust me it’ interesting stuff! That was random enough right?!?! hehe

4.5 I don’t have any ugly friends… and I don’t mean this in the way that I have ugly friends but because I love/ like em… I don’t wanna admit it… I seriously don’t have any ugly friends and it makes things so much easier when I have to hook some of my male friends up. Plus I don’t have to feel guilty about always looking/dressing nice cos they do too!!!

4.75 I always have to actually think about it before I spell or write out words that start in ‘ph’ or ‘py’ or ‘ps’… say I’m spelling like physician, psychic, psychologist … I don’t know… I just get em mixed up sometimes (and to think I almost became a journalist… lol) oh and I never step on the cracks in pavements or anything cos I don’t want to be ‘sucked into an abyss’… lol… oh and I have a fear of getting eaten by a rat in my dream (it’s a book called rats I read when I was 14… it’s messed me up for life… I mean I actually started thinking about the personality and character traits of rats, their possible names, their political organizations, polygamy in their families, their inheritances(loafs of bread and opened bags of rice)… k whatever but all I’m saying is that book messed me up till this day).

5 When I was a child... I think 4 or 5 my mom left me and my younger sister in her Nissan in London for a few minutes right and told me to take care of my sister. She told me not to touch that button thingy in the middle of the car near the gearshift or box or stickshift or whatever it’s called in the car… cos if I did… that thing would make the car somersault (flip over) and kill us. I’m 20… and I still haven’t touched that thing before. Heaven only knows when I’m gonna get my license…


I said 5 things so I’ll actually obey the rules this time and tag only 5 people: Ms. Minx (RETURN PUNISHMENT!!!!), Ms. May, Icy, Beauty in Baltimore, Abbey, Olawunmi, Poetic Justice, Belle, Broccoli, Kulutempa, Through these eyes, Desola, Naijadude, CalabarGal, The Mistress, Nigerican, JadedKiss, Babe, Noni Moss, unnaked soul, rj, Mari, Vickii, Soul, Temmytayo, Through these eyes, Azuka, Biodun, Nosa, Beautifully Human, BabaAlaye, Funmi, Tp, Naijadyme and Mphahlele. Lol sorry y’all… I learnt how to count in Uzbekistan… it goes a little different over there!

33 comments:

chainreader said...

am first!

chainreader said...

ok, about the rats, you are wack!

hahaha.

nosa101 said...

You weirdo!!!! hahaha

Belle said...

oh my!! lol. Isn't it funny how our parents "stories" have scared us??!!!! LOL

hmmmm...that laugh of yours sounds.... interesting (to say the least)!

Biodun said...

U cant tag me now, i already have my list up, ha ha
U speak Igbo when ur drunk, now that is something else, weird stuff
U dont have ugly friends, lol who does right?

Anonymous said...

you learned to count where? i swear this woman you're just mad. mad mad mad.

RJ said...

You are so weird... You speak igbo when you are drunk? LOL, i aint never heard that before. Don't even get me started on your laugh...

azuka said...

No need to prove it again. I'm sure you know you're weird...

zaiprincesa said...

lol...OMONA!!!...Ke du!..u dis alcoholic..lol..at least u can curse the oyinbo's out in igbo and they wont know. ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Igbo when drunk, rats? lol - wow. The fried plantain thing was hilarious though. If it were me, as soon as I hear that - it's the bathroom i'm running to, coming back and acting like he forcing me.

The Mistress said...

Hmm, this is gonna have to wait until the post after my next post cause I'm blogging about a big dilemma I have later on tonight.

But...I feel like everyone knows all about me already so I'm gonna have to do some real digging now!!!!! Gotta think of some quirks I have....

Vera Ezimora said...

The good thing about this is that everyone knows you're crazier than I am. In fact, I am not even crazy.

Don't worry bout pressing the thing in the car. You can drive and not press it. Onye ala.

BabaAlaye said...

Somebody please call Guiness. We've found the weirdest girl on the planet.

Anonymous said...

First time ever that I will support Vera for you! Girl I never knew you were this weird....

You don chop craze for me to dey do this? Hell no, I no dey do at all oh!

LondonBuki said...

I used to feel the same way about cracks in pavements too!!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Arrggghhh!!! God knows i'm gonna bitch-slap someone right now o. How dare you tag me? How? eh? It is too much hard work jo!

Anyway, you should come round for Temmy's party, get drunk all you want and speak to us in Igbo which after we'll topple you over and throw in the Thames river...hahahaha(my evil laugh!)

You are mad funny o, trust me, if my mum tells me not to touch something, that is exactly when i would o. I know, disobedience is my middle name...HAHAHAHAHA..**EVIL LAUGH AGAIN**

Desola Again said...

Hahahahaha!!!!

Mari said...

lol, weirdo!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Funny - Hahaha-

Anonymous said...

LOL... that fried plantain story is just too funny... and your rat nightmares sound hilarious...

Uzo said...

LOL. Not as weird as i thought. Certainly interesting though

Icy said...

hahaha madness... woman.. u're crazy lol...OK. IF YOU TAG ME AGAIN OMO U GO ENTER YAWA MEHN! lol Next week I go do!

mochafella said...

"My skins crawls when people pop those things that are used to cover/protect new tv’s, vcds… I don’t know what they’re called." - Sounds like bubble wrap

Anonymous said...

That poppin thing is called bubble wrap and i personally derive so much joy from popping those hahaha.Drunken Igbo that has to be awsome, i make drunken phone calls can u imagine combing the two,drunken phone calls speaking igbo LMAO.U're lucky i'm all blogged out for now so yes i will do this tag.Laters blogger buddy.

TP said...

LOL!! We all have weird quirks so you are not alone. I actually like popping bubble wrap. Now you've tagged me..... I'm going to put up some things about me.

NaijaBloke said...

ONB..be like say that pregnant girl wey u wan beat dan winch ur blog cos am pretty sure I left a comment here yesterday unless u dan rub off ya craseness for ya blog ..LOL

Freaky Deaky said...

Interesting post. I think I need to hear the laugh. Hope you have a nice weekend.

stranger said...

hey there...i get overloaded now and then...but i catch up on you...u did't reply my last email yet...

Anonymous said...

i could have sworn i left a comment yesterday, where did it go cos it was long ohhhh!

Anonymous said...

you're just weird. you laugh like a car? now thats something.

Anonymous said...

lol!! abeg lets hear the laugh! and my friend also speaks ibo when shes off her face! its the funniest thing!

Calabar Gal said...

No Way Girl!! My tagging days are over!! I'm willing to read about the weird thingy's y'all do but me no write mine!!! (smile)

Anonymous said...

Ok, about the gearshift, you're weird. And your mom is the shit...that's a hell of a lie to tell a kid...gotta love it! meanwhile, i've responded to your tag. point #4.75 (which I didn't write down) is: I secretly relish being tagged ;). EZ